The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What get gear did you get for Christmas? Condenser Microphones
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

What get gear did you get for Christmas?

Blue bottle with B6 and B7 bottlecaps!!

Hope its as good as I've dreamed it would be!
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Addict

had one for years. Loved it! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT5 View Post
Not in yet, but I bought an Apogee Minime. Always wanted one...
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

I forgot to mention I also got a Soldering Iron for Christmas from my dad! He's going to help me learn how to solder over the next few weeks of Christmas break and I'm going to try my hand at making some cables and maybe doing a DIY project or two. It will certainly be a useful skill to have!
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthLine09 View Post
I forgot to mention I also got a Soldering Iron for Christmas from my dad! He's going to help me learn how to solder over the next few weeks of Christmas break and I'm going to try my hand at making some cables and maybe doing a DIY project or two. It will certainly be a useful skill to have!
That's great! When you get a chance, head on over to the Prodigy DIY forum to see what wonders await you with your newfound soldering skill!

DIY - Index

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Guru

My 3 girls knew I wanted "Recording The Beatles" BAYAD

They agreed to all pitch in knowing the book was supposed to be
$100.00

When they went to amazon.com they were trying to gouge people

for closer to $175.00 for the book.

I can wait. Shame on them
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Addict

Going to get my Allen & Heath Zed R-16 tomorrow! Christmas money combined with early birthday money and some cash I had saved up, gonna be eating ramen for a while but I can't wait to be mixing on a proper desk!

Wasn't expecting to be forking out this soon, but Andertons are having a sale till the 28th so I gotta jump in on that...so excited!
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Didn't get any gear but I got a Yoda T-Shirt, chrytalised ginger and a coffee mug with a picture of my cat on it, that will keep me going on long sessions!
Old 26th December 2010
Here for the gear

What get gear did you get for Christmas?

Mackie Onyx 1620i and an AT4040.
... And the lusting begins (again).
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear
After all the gifts were taken care of (wife,2 daughters and son-in-laws, and my 2 beautiful grandchildren) I had a bit left over so I bought myself a nice used AT4033A. Can't wait to try it out. But, the best thing I got this Christmas? No debt. It's been a good year and I'm getting more frugal in my old age (which unfortunately means buying a lot less gear), so I had enough saved up and didn't have to use the plastic.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

SPL Tranducer

Running a private home studio I can now reamp stuff also during the neight when my wife is asleep .

The sound if the Transducer is really nice and not a replacement for my cabs, just another flavour.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Addict

got an AKG d19c from my girl, she got a sm7b from me...
Old 26th December 2010
A Godin Icon Type 2 Convertible. Don't need no steenkin' Les Paul!
Attached Thumbnails
What get gear did you get for Christmas?-icon.jpg  
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Fluke 115 Multimeter
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Addict

Transformers for an 18watt marshall build!
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Addict

wow, these are some crazy expensive christmas gifts! I think if you bought it yourself that it shouldn't count.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Addict

Cad E100s, though it's not supposed to arrive here until Tuesday. The bottle of Bailey's will have to do until then.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

I think it's kind of cool to see how some of us got socks and a craftman screw driver set and others got the Beatles original Console from abby road studios and a Ferrari. I'm just wondering if Santa stored our socks and Screw Driver sets in the Ferrari on the sled to save space???
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynugz007 View Post
wow, these are some crazy expensive christmas gifts! I think if you bought it yourself that it shouldn't count.
Mine was a present. Also forgot to add I got a Dewalt 12v cordless Impact Driver and Drill set. Came in handy when mounting the MSR816CSX
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchas View Post
Please post a follow-up on the Exige. It's been on my bucket list as long as i've had a bucket list. Need to know if
A) it's as funs to drive as they say
B) the ride is as stiff as they say
C) you really do get more sex driving one...
A) WAY MORE FUN!!!! FYI, mine is the Exige "S"... supercharged.
B) WAY STIFF!! Mine has the Bilstein adjustable "race pack" suspension. It rattles your teeth out. I need to soften her up a few clicks---but keeping the ride height the same!
C) Sex? Huh? I'm 62---I can't remember
D) Few people will ride with you after their first ride---seriously. It's hard to get in and it's harder to get out of. A real race car tub.
E) This car scares me. 0-60 in 4.0 seconds with potential to go faster with only a slight mod on the supercharger pulley size.

The good news? It gets 28 MPG, and is so light it has the same HP/Weight ratio as the big V8 monsters (Vettes, V-10 Vipers, etc.) The biggest surprise is that they are now becoming affordable. You can get one in the mid to upper $30K's now. Go to the Lotus Talk forum and check out the market place. You will be amazed at how affordable one of the world's fastest street cars is now.

For those who don't know how serious a performance car this is, here's a video of the little Lotus Exige "S" competing on an even level with the Lamborghini Gillardo at the Bathurst track. The camera position is always in the car that is in second place. The opening scene is the Lambo trying to chase down the Exige... stick with it for a surprise of what a four cylinder race car can do >> YouTube - Lotus Exige S vs Lamborghini Gallardo at Bathurst
Old 26th December 2010
A Black Lion AGB, which won't get delivered for a while, a set of Sperzel tuners for my Strat, and some Fralin Tele pickups for my G Custom Tele.
Old 26th December 2010
Quote:
learning to solder is probably one of the best things i did. i loved it and it saves me money fixing things that were seemingly broken.

it's alot of fun once you get going and good at it.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfoiler View Post
C) Sex? Huh? I'm 62---I can't remember.
Note to self - buy the car before I turn 62 - that gives me 12 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfoiler View Post
D) Few people will ride with you after their first ride---seriously. It's hard to get in and it's harder to get out of. A real race car tub.
I assume part of that is the white-knuckle syndrome?
My nephew builds and races cars for a living. He likes the Lotus, but at 6'2" he can't fit in one.

E) This car scares me. [/QUOTE]
Whenever I visit southern CA I think about how fun it would be on Decker Canyon Rd. where the speed limit is 25! It's not all about speed but how quick you get there.

And to keep this audio-gear related. I thought the sound of the Exige (in that video) was much richer and warmer. I'm guessing a U87 was used through a GreatRiver. The Lambo on the other hand sounded like a MXL Condensor through a Mackie pre.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
This might be your favorite present you got this year. Very usefull tool that might last a lifetime.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynugz007 View Post
Santa quit coming around my house back in 1968.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Nut

I got a butane powered soldering iron. The Steinel 600K Which I was kinda disappointed that it was butane, cause I thought, **** Im gonna have to keep refilling it. But its totally portable which would come in handy in some interesting situations, it lasts 3n1/2 hours, and it heats up really fast, variable temperature, and it can also be used as a torch. The more I looked at it, and thought about it, the more I realized how cool it was, and really started to like it.

Lol, I brought it to my aunts, and her boyfriend (an electrical engineer) got me to solder a new capacitor in his dynakit, lol. My first soldering experience was awesome!!

I also got this....

This will be fun! waiting for my roomate to get back to play some 2 player co op campaign. In the meantime, online, hahahaha!

And a scratch and win, where I won 25 bucks, woohooo!!!

My family is really broke, so I am totally surprised and infinitely grateful for my gifts. Some families are less fortunate to spend dough at christmas, and I was in that position this year. The best part of Christmas was spending time with my family, eating crap loads of candy and delicious food, and playing fable 3 with my brother.
Old 26th December 2010
saweet! congrats! One day I'd love to hear a load box/DI shoot out.

SPL Transducer, Koch Load Box ][, Palmer PDI 03, Weber Mini Mass 50, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarwolle View Post
SPL Tranducer

Running a private home studio I can now reamp stuff also during the neight when my wife is asleep .

The sound if the Transducer is really nice and not a replacement for my cabs, just another flavour.
Old 26th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameal View Post
learning to solder is probably one of the best things i did. i loved it and it saves me money fixing things that were seemingly broken.

+ 1 I'm about to do the same under the guidance of my father in law.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Nut

A pair of Adam A5X monitors. Love them so far
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

+2

I taught myself to solder when I was 12 couldn't do it well becuase there are some technics that help but since I was 12 I never had to buy a new guitar cord. Now that I'm older and started recording. I can have top grade cables cheap as cheap ones (redco is your friend) and can mod cheap comps into useable tools.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Head

I got a STD (from Little Labs) and a Dean electric/acoustic resonator guitar.
Attached Thumbnails
What get gear did you get for Christmas?-bigchromeg.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search