The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cheap/Free Software for Tracking with 002? Audio Interfaces
Old 25th December 2010
Cheap/Free Software for Tracking with 002?

Is there a cheap/free software I could use for tracking with my 002 that would also read the lightpipe input on my Mac G5? I have a 16 channel A/D, but the 002 only lets me use 8 channels.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear
Most software only lets you use one driver at a time from my knowledge...what exactly do you want running through the A/D? maybe run that into the lightpipe on the 002...
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Check out Reaper.
Old 25th December 2010

I'm using the ADAT on the 002 for the first 8 channels of my A/D.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear
Probably read it over a billion times, but i think i finally understand what you mean...as good as reaper is, i'm pretty sure it doesn't let you use multiple sources at once...i.e. one interface driver at a time. What you need is a CoreAudio style driver that reads multiple units at once, as far as i know, there aren't a lot of these that are really stable, not unless you're using say a bunch of different interfaces from the same company product line...

You best bet is to either deal with the 8 channels of your A/D + the 8 analog channels on the 002 for a total of 16 inputs, or get some sort of interface that accepts more than just the 8 more channels like the 002...a used profire 2626 maybe would have 16 channels ADAT input, plus its 8 analog channels, plus 2 spdif channels...or even better yet, a PCI/PCIe card that interfaces your A/D with the computer.

Sadly, if you wanted to record say 24 tracks at once with what you have, chances are you won't be able to...not without stability problems anyway...
Old 25th December 2010

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Up all night with a newborn...

Who makes PCIx cards that take 16 channels of ADAT?
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear
OHHHHH, not sure of the price, but i'd be looking at RME HDSPe rayDAT, there might be a couple of others

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search