The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Monitors Studio Monitors
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Addict
Best Monitors

I know monitors are sort of a personal thing but what do you think are the Best Monitors under $300 and why?

Best under $600?

And which strike the best balance between listening/pleasure and composing/mixing for an entry level studio musician?
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

You might want to post this in Low End Theory perhaps - I think most folks here are using $700 as an entry point for true studio/reference monitors.

My advice is to work a few extra gigs/lessons and save up for a used pair of Adam A7. Some guy sold a pair the other day for $700 here but usually they are $850+. Worth every penny - won't need to buy another pair later.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Nut

Another option is a pair of Yamaha HS80m under www.americanmusical.com 3 payment plan.

That would be 3 $233.33 payments.

One thing though, I have purchased some brand new stuff from americanmusical that appears to have been used and/or openbox/demo. Has happened more than once.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search