The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AudioArts AIR preamp quality
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

AudioArts AIR preamp quality

AudioArts has a small, pretty cute console called AIR which is geared towards smaller radio studios etc. They're a very respectable brand (part of/ex Wheatstone, right?) and not exactly cheap either so I'm guessing they sound pretty good. Haven't heard one though. Anyone have any info on preamp quality in these pups? Or just quality in general? Not having to buy external pre's later on could be worth the extra bucks. And not to mention the space-saving factor.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Guru

For what it's worth, I've got an Audioarts compressor and it'll never leave my racks.

Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear
Gary Snow started AudioArts in Bethany CT close to 30 years ago. Thats my backyard, and its still amazing to go to clubs or visit bands and see how many AA boxes are still in use.

The original series included a 4 buss desk format, Mic pre, EQ and compressor 1 rack units. Every sound concious band around here owned some stuff, and most of it still works,

At some point they moved to Syracuse and switched from live sound to broadcast, where they quickly became one of the top high quuality manufacturers.

I don't know the piece you are referring to, but AA doesn't ever make crap. Its always a cut above.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks. Yeah, it seem solid. Shame it doesn't seem to have the option of adding processing to the voices. Can't use something which doesn't allow even basic compression afaics.

EDIT: Actually, it seems all small broadcast units lack inserts on the mic channels and the ones that have dedicated mix minus phone channels (or even hybrids built in) don't have that option for those channels either. In my experience, hooking up a hybrid without at least a limiter and preferably also a noise gate, is useless.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search