The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
recommend VST Plugin similar to Waves "Ultra Pitch"???
Old 23rd December 2010
Here for the gear

recommend VST Plugin similar to Waves "Ultra Pitch"???

can anyone recommend VST Plugin similar to Waves "Ultra Pitch"???
i'm thinking of buying it from waves but you have to buy it in bundles and their really expensive.

WHAT THE PLUGIN DOES:
the feature i'm after allows you to change the 'formant' of the voice without changing the pitch. so if i bring the formant down my voice gets deeper... like a guy with a deep voice, and if i bring the formant up it sounds thinner or like a kid or something - all with or without changing the pitch.

WHAT I DON'T NEED: i'm NOT talking about a pitch correction plug-in like Melodyne or 'vari-audio' or Auto-tune. i have those covered.

i'm wondering if there's another smaller, less expensive company with a similar and good sounding plugin.

: ) thanks for any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Addict

I remember only very old Steinberg Voice Designer, but this is long discontinued stuff. Now this plug called PitchBandit and sales only with AudioCube DAW (PC included) http://www.cube-tec.com/vpis/masteri...tchbandit.html
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Maniac

maybe I don't quite understand what you mean, but melodyne does allow you to change formant without changing pitch.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyforever View Post
can anyone recommend VST Plugin similar to Waves "Ultra Pitch"???
i'm thinking of buying it from waves but you have to buy it in bundles and their really expensive.

WHAT THE PLUGIN DOES:
the feature i'm after allows you to change the 'formant' of the voice without changing the pitch. so if i bring the formant down my voice gets deeper... like a guy with a deep voice, and if i bring the formant up it sounds thinner or like a kid or something - all with or without changing the pitch.

WHAT I DON'T NEED: i'm NOT talking about a pitch correction plug-in like Melodyne or 'vari-audio' or Auto-tune. i have those covered.

i'm wondering if there's another smaller, less expensive company with a similar and good sounding plugin.

: ) thanks for any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THROAT from Antares (part of their AVOX toolkit) let's you totally change the character of the voice.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzang View Post
maybe I don't quite understand what you mean, but melodyne does allow you to change formant without changing pitch.
Topicstarter need the simply plugin with one dedicated knob for formant correction (and don't need all other features of melodyne).
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear
Yamaha Pitch Fix is really cool and is usually what I use before the other stuff.. lightweight, with a formant control but also pitch shift and able to take MIDI notes.
Old 26th December 2010
Here for the gear

thanks yall! i looked into it and am thinking of getting the AVOX pack from antares. lots of cool things in there for my other needs. and i also downloaded a few legit free plugins i'll tinker with for fun and see which ones are good and stable.

i don't have melodyne. i had a trial version or something back in the day, so i listed it but after reading the reply i looked and sure enough i aint got it haha. i think some friend 'gave' me a copy when it first came out that no longer works.

this is the first i've heard of Yamaha Pitch fix, so i'll look into that!

i had voice designer back in the day and it was cool! but as i've copy and pasted my old VST folder into the newer computer with cubase 5, voice designer shows up in the plugins list but crashes cubase is i select it! hahah. i should probably just remove it's .dll

back in the day i'd install anything someone threw at me to check out.
these days i've slimmed it down. i bought cubase 5 which comes with a TON of built in VST's so i'm trying to get it down to what works and is legit.

but yeah, thanks for all the suggestions. they're all really good.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search