The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instruments TERRIBLE Customer Support!!! Plugin Presets/Expansions
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Native Instruments TERRIBLE Customer Support!!!

Wow, I ordered Massive exactly 23 days ago, had it shipped overnight so I could play with it over the weekend. Well, it got here the following Tuesday (ordered on wednesday, had it shipped overnight.......hmmm), so, yeah, Im pissed. I start a support ticket asking for a refund of my shipping charges. Today I get an email from them, saying ticket closed. Email read,

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting customer support. We are happy to inform you that your order shipped Next Day Air on December 2. Thank You.

So I sent them another email that read...

Dear NI Customer Support,

Wow, it took you 23 days to do absolutely nothing for me. That has to be a record!!!
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

holiday season, they fulfilled their side of the bargain. they aren't responsible for how long it takes the post office/fedex/whoever to get it to you. take it up with the shipping company.

also, use your brain a little, what do you expect them to do, hand deliver it to your door after immediately sprinting from their desk to your house as soon as your order was placed?

dfegad
Old 22nd December 2010
So you ordered it on the 1st Dec, they confirm they shipped it 'next day' on the 2nd (of course allowing for time zone difference). So NI have no case to answer. Your beef is with the shipping company that took the package 'next day' and delivered it 21 days late.
Old 23rd December 2010
ark
Lives for gear

I've had problems like this with other companies. My experience is that if you pay for 2-day shipping, and the vendor ships on time but the shipping company takes more than 2 days to ship, then your only recourse is through the vendor.

The reason is that you are not the shipping company's customer; the vendor (in this case Native Instruments) is.
Old 23rd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ark View Post
I've had problems like this with other companies. My experience is that if you pay for 2-day shipping, and the vendor ships on time but the shipping company takes more than 2 days to ship, then your only recourse is through the vendor.

The reason is that you are not the shipping company's customer; the vendor (in this case Native Instruments) is.
That's been my experience, too... if there is a shipping problem, NI has to deal with the shipping company.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear
It seems like in your case that NI should be dealing with the shipping company and you might be entitled to a shipping refund (depending on the shipping companies policy on 'next day air'. Looks like Dec. 2nd was a Thursday. Should be on your doorstep by Friday.

With that said, any chance that NI would go out of their way to work with you seems to have gone out the window with your reply to their email.

Just write them back explaining the logic and ask them what their procedure is on shipping problems/delays...politely if you can.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search