The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to use Fantom patches/sounds in DAWs?? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Head

How to use Fantom patches/sounds in DAWs??

Hello all,

I have been trying to do this for the longest time, watched many youtube videos and still am unable to do so. I just want to be able to use my Roland Fantom G patches or sounds, within my DAW ( Fl studio / Logic ) AND be able to edit the notes in the midi editor / piano roll. Make sense? I would like to be able to use the fantom as a sound module basically. I make music on FL studio and logic and i want to be able to use my fantom sounds as well, without having to compose the fantom sounds within the fantom and then having to record it in my DAW as audio....makes sense? I want to get the fantom sounds in the DAW and edit the notes in the DAW as well. I hope i am making sense....i watched these videos so far

YouTube - Tutorial: How to Use the Roland Fantom X-8 Internal Patches with FL Studio
YouTube - TUTORIAL on triggering Roland Fantom Sounds in FL with MIDI

I am able to use my fantom as a midi keyboard to trigger the sounds within the DAW but not in the fantom itself, the videos are using the fantom x, and i have a fantom g, the menu and settings are still roughly the same but i dont know if it makes a difference...i followed the instructions in complete with no luck.
I have:

Roland Fantom G6
FL Studio 9
Logic 9
M-Audio uno midi interface

I connect the fantom through usb to the computer (I even tried using the uno with no luck)

What am i doing wrong or not doing at all? I have been trying to do this for SOOOO LONG with no luck....i have posted on here with this question before with no responses.....I thought i'd try it again....anyone with any insight on this can help, i would greatly appreciate it.
I will even paypal a reward for someone that can actually do this

BTW i have been told that this is not possible, that i have to use the fantom editor and then record into my DAW as audio, but i think that their wrong and that there has to be some way to do this........I'll turn this over now to all of you professionals @ gearslutz with high hopes...thanks for taking the time to read and or respond.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search