The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Reverb for Jazz Xmas track Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

Reverb for Jazz Xmas track

Hi, This is my first thread and I am kind of new to the mixing world. Anyway, I recorded my friend singing over a Jazzy Christmas song (karaoke track) and was trying to get his voice to sit into the mix a little better, but I am having a difficult time trying to get a "nice sounding" jazz reverb. What are some good starting parameters? (predelay, decay time, plate/hall/room, etc.)

I did cut and boost some frequencies in the EQ stage and cut a small bit from the instrumental stereo track around 3.11k where his voice shined. I hi-passed his voice above 125HZ and made a small cut at 260HZ.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Last edited by cpstudios; 26th March 2012 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: delete
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

First off, what reverb do you have to work with? You haven't given us anything at all to go on in that regard. What's your DAW? What plugs do you have? etc.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search