The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Outhouse Studios (You Me At Six, Enter Shikari, Funeral For A Friend etc.) Plugin Presets/Expansions
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

Outhouse Studios (You Me At Six, Enter Shikari, Funeral For A Friend etc.)

I've recently become a big fan of this place; it has a fantastic drum room and all the mixes are full of energy, easily some of the most energetic mixes I have ever heard, and it is incredibly reasonably priced - one of my favourite UK studios.

As a newbie, I was mainly wondering what the general consensus is about the quality of work coming from the studio? The drum tone on the last You Me At Six and Shadows Chasing Ghosts records in particular had my attention from the get go, personally.

Oh and for those of you who are unfamiliar:
Outhouse Studios - professional music recording studio in Reading, Berkshire
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Wow.

I read through the first post, and decided to drop in the site to see what's this about. I kinda had the feeling there would be comments about the gear before entering the site.

After visiting I couldn't resist commenting myself.

Their setup seems to be pretty far from high end for the most part. And if they produce quality results, it's a strong argument on behalf the "gear doesn't matter" - school of thought.

I have no doubt they can deliver quality results. The reality is not wrong. This site just has a tendency to distort it. heh
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

I haven't heard of Outhouse Studios until this thread but from what I can see on the website, the gear is not very exciting (mostly behringer outboard) and the software + pc are old. But good gear is not as essential for a good recording than a good engineer and most of all a good musician.

Are there any pics of the studio and the rooms ?
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

There are very minimal amounts of pictures of the studios interior available, they can mostly be found here:

Outhouse Studios | My Photos Photo Album on Myspace

I too was shocked when I realised their relatively 'low-end' setup (I may be new to this but I know the difference between what is perceived as high end gear and what is not), but I think the quality they produce is pretty stellar, like this for example:

YouTube - You Me At Six - Stay With Me

(I realise Youtube compression will most likely totally kill this)
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search