The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Echo Audiofire 8 & KRK Rokit 5 monitors... which output level? Audio Interfaces
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Echo Audiofire 8 & KRK Rokit 5 monitors... which output level?

Hey there. I just got an echo audiofire 8.

Just wondering, into my powered KRK monitors, on the console mixer app, should I be using -4 or -10 as output to the monitors? I can't find specs on the monitors to say which would work better

as a side note, this thing seems pretty awesome so far. listening to the new 'black dub' cd and already the drums just seem to punch right through me. I stepped up from a presonus firebox, so I'm not surprised theres a noticeable difference
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

anyone?
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

i believe +4 is balance and -10 is unbalance....you want to use a balance singnal so +4.....thats how i have mine set up
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

From the Audiofire manual...
(page 32 of the manual)
Nominal Levels
The console buttons that are labeled “+4” or “-10” are nominal level buttons.
These buttons allow you to change the nominal level settings for the analog inputs and outputs. By default, the levels are set to send a +4dBu signal. You can switch between +4dBu (professional level) and –10dBV (consumer level) for each analog output and input by clicking on the appropriate button. This feature allows you to connect either professional or consumer gear to each input and output.

Selecting the -10 level provides a digital boost after the converters. For universal inputs with an analog trim knob you should leave the nominal level in the +4 default position. Unless you need a boost for the digital inputs, you should also leave them in the +4 nominal setting.

I have my AF8 ADAT set to +4dBu, with balanced cables to my MSP5 monitors set at 12 o´clock. Hope this helps.

Care,

Mike

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search