The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Telefunken Mic Contest Copperhead Condenser Microphones
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Maniac

Telefunken Mic Contest Copperhead

Has anyone received anything from Telefunken? I was one of the Copperhead entries and got an email awhile back stating I would be receiving some free stuff for being a finalist. I have yet to receive anything. The strange thing is that some of my relatives who voted got the same email. They never even submitted an entry. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!
Old 21st December 2010
Here for the gear

i received that email also, so i contacted telefunken. apparently, they sent out the email to everyone instead of just the group that was supposed to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdeerberg View Post
Has anyone received anything from Telefunken? I was one of the Copperhead entries and got an email awhile back stating I would be receiving some free stuff for being a finalist. I have yet to receive anything. The strange thing is that some of my relatives who voted got the same email. They never even submitted an entry. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Did you actually receive anything?
Old 22nd December 2010
member no 666

Ahh yes - another Teleclusterfvck ---

The people who were indeed supposed to receive stuff all received it -- an email was sent out in error to all that "voted" that promised a TELEFUNKEN "fan pack" which was unfortunately not the case... the "fan pack" was for the folks that had submitted duplicate entries of the winning name in the contest.

However - in an attempt to not be assholes - if you received that email in error and would like a fan pack it shall be done. Just send an email to the company and they'll get it out to you.

Sorry about the screw up - sometimes things get jumbled when they're moving as quickly as they were back in October before AES.

There was the "name the mic contest" that ended about two weeks before AES; plus getting ready for the AES show; plus reparations for the Jackie Greene "Recording A Song" event in San Francisco; plus getting the name engraved on the product that had to ship; plus the conundrum caused by having a whole bunch of people who had nominated the name of the winner when nobody had anticipated that such a thing would happen, plus getting [the newly named] CU-29 units out for review; plus dealing with a critical part holdup [totally unexpectedly] from one of the suppliers which is what caused the delay in the actual shipping of the product; plus creation and review of the advertising for the product; plus getting out the "email blast" on the Jackie Greene thing (ooops) which unfortunately had a couple of lines from the email to the people who had also come up with the winning name from the contest -- along with the normal workload for a woefully understaffed staff.

This one was an honest mistake - but the company is going to do its level best to keep its word. Just send an email over, and the "fan pack" will go out as quickly as possible. Had the mistake been fully fulfilled [as in a "fan pack" sent to all who received the email] it would have not only lead to the guy that approved that email [who was, like most of the other CT office staff at the time -- severely over-stretched] getting sacked, but it would have also led to the company having insufficient resources to have been able to get the next round of product out the door [not good!!!].

There is pretty much 2.25 people who deal with the "front end" of the company [getting stuff done that isn't product production or accounting / tax preparation] - I'm the .25 -- the other two are seriously dedicated, seriously diligent, and seriously overworked!!! -- but its a great crew, and the guys that work there are really into working with each other, and really into the product that is produced so they are doing their level best to make the thing grow to the point where there can be proper staffing [like they're currently doing 6 guys work]... so when it grows up it can be like a Neumann or AKG [while still keeping a full eye on complete production / product integrity!!!]... as in a real company with a complete staff, so errors like that don't fall through the cracks like they did here.

... but alas, sometimes mistakes do happen - and while the company deeply apologizes if this caused you any inconvenience, disappointment, or agita - the fact of the matter is that the company wants to make it right -- alls ya gots ta do is send an email over with "hey - where's my stuff" (and an address) and right it shall be made.

Peace.
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Thanks for shedding some light Fletcher. I was one of the Copperhead entries, but did not receive anything. No big deal I was just curious. So what was the actual winning name? CU-29 or Copperhead? If I email it a little nicer than the way you put it will you throw in a Copperhead? Hell I'll even sugar coat it for a stereo pair! Thanks again Fletcher.
Old 22nd December 2010
member no 666

The actual winner was "CU-29" -- but everyone around the shop started calling it the "copperhead" so its a dual thing. If I'm not mistaken [and lawd knows I could be] the "winner" was the first person to have suggested both [and I believe several suggested each, but only one suggested both - though I was 6 time zones east of the office when all this stuff was going down - blissfully, I didn't get to live the full experience - and I thank the "supreme being du jour" that I didn't!!!!].

Peace
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

sounds like CU-29 is "catalog" name and "copperhead" is a nickname which is a plus for spreading the idea that the microphone is already popular and nicknamed among engineers. clever
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Hi,

I started a Thread yesterday about this, nobody commented, but this is what I said:

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you Telefunken Elektroakustik team for the great t-shirt, tie pin and guitar pics you sent me just for participating in the name the mic contest, I received them yesterday and they are a great Christmas present and they arrived just in time.
I wish you all the best with your business and hope my success will bring me closer to one day be your customer and owner of a new reproduction of a classic.

Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year

Carlos Rocha
In this thread: Thank you Telefunken Elektroakustik

Carlos Rocha

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search