The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ramsa WR-8428 Anyone tell me about it? Utility Plugins
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Maniac

Ramsa WR-8428 Anyone tell me about it?

I have the chance to buy one of these CHEAP ($150). It's in good condition and will probably need a cleaning and recapping. Can anyone tell me about this board? How's the eqs and summing? I will mainly use it for mixing. I have lots of great preamps already. Using it with stems from Protools. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Anyone?.........
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Looks like it would be hard to go wrong for $150. Never used on though, so I can't give any useful input.
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

bump
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Nut

Ramsa 8428

I have one so I'll speak up.

First and foremost its a post production/recording console by nature, used in broadcast environments. This means that it will be on the clean side of the spectrum when it comes to sound. No transformers or tubes in the audio path so what you put thru it will come out that way. The pre amps however sound very good, big if you will. The EQ section has high pass 80hz filters on every channel along with a 3 band parametric EQ, all sweepable but with no Q adjustments. The EQ is good to me as I haven't used anything else to compare it too, remember clean was the goal.

I send all of my ITB sounds to my console via 2 echo audiofire 12's and then outboard compression. Where I went wrong was in choosing cables. I used 3 DB25 to 1/4 TRS 8 channel snakes to get the sounds to my console. This method does not go thru the preamps per se as the channel fader offers the only available boost. I should've/will get XLR/TRS snakes so that I can take advantage of those preamps for digital instruments.

Ultimately 150 for that console is a steal and you should buy it immediately and give him 200. On Ebay, there is a guy selling recap kits at 27.00 per channel. Let me know if you get it, I have a pdf manual directly from Panasonic Japan which includes schematics and detailed info about each section of the board. The build quality is great, its a beast for sure.

Good luck

peace
Old 9th March 2012
Here for the gear

Dear TDT Music Group,

I recently acquired a Wr-8428 for next to nothing ($140) in gorgeous condition. I'm pretty sure it spent it's whole life in the same radio station. But as is the story with many Ramsa acquisitions, there was no power supply. Luckily I'm geeky enough to build one from scratch. In fact I already have it mostly finished. I was getting super excited to see it light up in the next day or so until I realized I have no idea what voltages go to what pins on the back of the mixer. I was hoping you could find the pinout for the power jack in your literature. Or if you don't have the literature but you are willing/ equally geeky, maybe just go at it with a volt meter.

This would make my month.

Thanks

P.S. If I succeed I'll post more details and instruction on how I built the supply for other Ramsa lover's in need of good clean juice.
Old 7th April 2012
Here for the gear

Bump? Anyone?
Old 30th April 2012
Gear Head

i dug up my old ramsa service manual and have found the wiring diagrams and such for the whole console, but it doesn't seem to actually include what voltages are on what pins. i'm guessing there may be a separate service manual for the power supply (which i unfortunately don't have). sorry!
Old 5th December 2015
Here for the gear

Hey guys! I'm a huge Ramsa fan! Does anyone here have a user or service manual for Ramsa wr-8428? I can't seem to find it anywhere online. If you happen to have one, please let me know, i would really appreciate it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search