The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone try the new Little Labs Redeye 3D Phantom? Direct Injection & Re-amp Boxes
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

Anyone try the new Little Labs Redeye 3D Phantom?

Looked around and didn't see anyone talking about this...has anyone played with it yet? Looks like some great new features, might be just the thing I've been looking for...

Little Labs Redeye 3D Phantom

Any feedback is appreciated! thumbsup

Subsonic
Old 20th December 2010
Little Labs

Just to let ya know, nobody has them yet, I'm trying to get the first batch out before NAMM. Check out Subsonics link so you know what's coming soon! Thanks J
Old 20th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelabs View Post
Just to let ya know, nobody has them yet, I'm trying to get the first batch out before NAMM. Check out Subsonics link so you know what's coming soon! Thanks J
Can't wait to try the 3D! Jon.

You really knocked it out of the park, making the unit more flexible!

Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Is there a price yet? I need something exactly like this so this is intriguing.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Well, that would be why no one has talked about them yet! Good to know, looking forward to trying it out! It looks like the perfect solution for me, thanks!

Subsonic
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Wow that looks great - it always bummed me out a little that you can't use the red eye in both modes simultaneously...
Old 21st December 2010
Little Labs

The list price of the Redeye 3D will be $289.
all the best
J
Old 7th January 2011
Little Labs

Check out the latest info in the New Product Alert! https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-p...-shipping.html
Old 27th January 2011
Here for the gear

got my redeye 3d this week,

this re-amp is awsome!

not really tried the DI much as i tend to use the Reddi for this. as i only have one awsome pre (daking), i have been reamping with different mic positions and mics.

this thing has given me so much more time to experiment and learn about recording guitars.
Old 27th January 2011
Little Labs

Dear Shed,
I'm glad you picked one up. I hope though you realize the Redeye 3D, although it certainly can be used just for re-amplifying things, the whole system of the Redeye 3D, DI and re-amp is designed to work together. The REDDI is a killer DI no doubt, and I'm in no way knocking it, but the whole point of the Redeye 3D is the whole chain, to keep it sounding just as if you plugged the guitar into the amp directly. You probably know this already, but I just wanted to clarify what makes this product different. It's all symbiotic...
J
Old 1st February 2011
Lives for gear
How will the DI compare to a BSS AR 133 and radial JDI /J48?
Old 25th February 2011
Lives for gear

I'm also surprised there isn't more talk about this. I do understand that it's main function is so you can DI and reamp simultaneously, but I'm just mostly excited to get a high quality DI and reamp box in one unit without having to pay for each individually.

Not ready just yet to take the plunge though, I'd also like to hear how it compares to Radial products. Besides cost, will this be as good as having both a JDI and X-amp?
Old 25th February 2011
Little Labs

Dear Dublav,
You probably haven't heard much, because it's only been in the dealers hands for about six weeks. I'm not not much on advertising, I try and let word of mouth do my marketing, so far it's worked.
In comparison, the whole purpose of the device is quick, easy and accurate re-amping. I call it WYHIWYH, what you heard is what you'll hear. No guessing levels, one button comparison between the direct guitar to amp path and guitar to mic pre/daw to amp path.
The DI itself has the advantage over the Jensen transformer DI (and any passive DI)in that it has about ten times the input impedance in active mode (while still using a great sounding transformer), this becomes very important when using any passive pick ups. It also has a +17dB max input level. I saw a video somewhere about a certain 48volt powered DI and the hoops (dc-dc converters) they had to go thru to get 9 volts out of the 48 volts.. These guys obviously had no clue designing a simple low current circuit. I'm wary of companies that have business/marketing people, not the designer, doing the demos.
Anyway.
On the re-amp end you have a transformer that sounds great, is completely passive, still has a decently high input impedance (so you can daisy chain if need be). One place you absolutely don't need active circuitry and wall warts, and that's a re-amping box. You have to literally throw away about 30dB of level because the transformer converting Lo Z to Hi Z adds 18dB or so of gain that you must get rid of.

Hope that helps
all the best
Jonathan
Old 26th February 2011
Lives for gear

Jonathan, thanks so much for the reply. I'm not sure if I understand all of that, but it gives me a good place to start researching and learning. I'm mostly looking for something like this to run tracks back out through a chain of pedals, and some reamping as well. More for synths and manging drums and such than for guitar. Sounds impressive as a DI box as well. Most likely I will be buying one of your boxes. I really appreciate your answer and your marketing philosophy, thanks again!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search