The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Up Close
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Up Close

"Never one to be considered “prolific,” Eric Johnson has emerged from his studio with a new collection of tunes that gives anxious fans just what they want: great playing, great tone and a Texas-size dose of soul. This is the first album that was recorded entirely in Johnson’s home studio (which was took Johnson 15 years to build). The sound of the record doesn’t come across as sterile as previous studio albums and the addition of some guests really adds to the looser vibe."

review by Jason Shadric on primier guitar.

Wow 15 years! I can understand guys like me, but he sure takes long time to do things. Can't be a lack of funds?

Had a listen to couple of samples, defently more depth then previous albums. Any body out there mix these songs? Good stuff!
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

when you are so anal that you say you can hear the difference between the battery door being on your stomp box or not . . . . can you imagine how anal he must be in recording and mixing a record? I admit he is talented (though not my thing) but he would drive me absolutely crazy.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Maniac

For anyone interested, went home and found the youtube video of Eric explaining the gear in his studio.

YouTube - Eric Johnson Up Close - part 1 - Saucer Studios

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search