The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Canadian Schools Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

Canadian Schools

are there any engineering/production/recording schools in Canada that would be worth attending?, or even anywhere in the world that is english as the first language really...anywhere but the states (go into some trouble when i was younger)....looks like im gonna have some free time for the next year or so, seems like good timing to jump into this.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

Nimbus in Vancouver is run by Garth Richardson. great facility. good programs and guest speakers also.
Old 20th December 2010
Nimbus |

+1
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

I can vouch for OIART (The Ontario Institute of Audio Recording Technology) in London Ont. I attended in 2001-2002.

Welcome to OIART | Ontario Institute of Audio Recording Technology
Old 20th December 2010
Here for the gear

Currently attending OIART, and i'd highly recommend it.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

OIART sounds nice but my experience was with the MIA program at Fanshawe college in London. I took Radio Broadcasting but I spent some time in the MIA and it was great. Jack Richardson used to run that program, he engineered those Heart albums on Mushroom records.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
OIART sounds nice but my experience was with the MIA program at Fanshawe college in London. I took Radio Broadcasting but I spent some time in the MIA and it was great. Jack Richardson used to run that program, he engineered those Heart albums on Mushroom records.
That does look like a great program....i actually just moved from that part of the country to edmonton, doesnt seem like any good options around here, although, i am thinking of moving to vancouver...
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.head View Post
That does look like a great program....i actually just moved from that part of the country to edmonton, doesnt seem like any good options around here, although, i am thinking of moving to vancouver...
At that time in the 80's (i don't know now) it was a thousand applications for about 40 spots accepted. It was the same for radio. So best to set yourself apart with a good reel or a burning desire that shows up in writing with your application. At the time I was attending, there was a student union pub band "Red Alert" I think playing all the time. A couple of those guys would soon become "Honeymoon Suite" Still the programs biggest export AFAIK. Good luck with your search and have fun! Those were some great years and I have fond memories. heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search