The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recording delay DAW Software
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Recording delay

Hey Gearslutz. I'm experiencing a delay in everything recorded into my system.. even when no plug ins are running.. I've done some research and discovered you can change Pro Tools preferences so that delay is automatically compensated by a certain amount of samples.. however i can't seem to find out how to adjust this number.. Can you help me?
Old 20th December 2010
the "delay" compensated for by PT is the converter delay - which is a matter of a few samples, isn't adjustable in non-HD (yet) and shouldn't be causing a noticeable delay like you're experiencing.

What are the specs/config of your computer? when did it start happening? no way to diagnose anything if you don't give that info!
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Im running Pro Tools 8 LE on an HP with quad core processor. 8 GB of Ram and 1 TB Hard drive
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search