The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recording interview with 1 lavalier mic Dynamic Microphones
Old 20th December 2010
Here for the gear

Recording interview with 1 lavalier mic

Hallo:

I am a sociolinguist (at least, a phd student in sociolinguistics) and as such I have to record interviews in the field. As the speech of the interviewee is the subject of the investigation, the quality of the recording on that side of the table must be impeccable, but the quality of the recording on the interviewer's side is not that important. That is, the goal is just to be able to understand the question the interviewer is asking, whereas the quality at the other side must be high enough to do spectographic analyses.

I'm looking into a set-up that can achieve this at a reasonable price. I was thinking in buying a Zoom H2 recorder and fit it with a lavalier mic attached to the subject's clothing. But now I'm wondering: will the lavalier at about 1.5 - 2m distance catch my voice loud enough as to understand the question?

Thanks in advance.

Jeroen Claes
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Yes, it should.
Old 20th December 2010
Here for the gear

Thanks. Any suggestions for lavalier mics? Is the H2 a good choice? I am kind of new to all this
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search