The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Qualifications DAW Software
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

Qualifications

Before I state this...currently, I do not follow my own idea.

Now idea time...EVERYONE on this board should have to have their credentials/qualifications/examples, something before giving advice.

People are ripping each others faces off on here and discrediting all sorts of advice wether it's good advice or bad.

I think this would help weed out the crap and really help people achieve more. You'd know that one member has sick guitar tones from his work, so you'd take his advice and use it where appropriate. You'd hear someone elses drums and know he knows his **** about snare drums etc.

Now I'm not saying it'll help people get along or everyone will have the same opinions etc, but at least this would help you come to your own conclusions about what people are telling you.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 20th December 2010
Qualifications mean diddly squat in matters pertaining to the arts. Some very unqualified people have made some of the best music of all time. And there are plenty of people with music degrees who couldn't produce music that anyone would seriously want to listen to. Sometimes I think there might be an inverse relationship between art and qualifications .... don't trust me though, ask a Pro Tools Engineer ...

I think that we can all learn something from other people, whether they are a genius or a madman. Both geniuses and madmen use their brains more than ordinary people. See if you can understand the logic of what they are saying, and then check it out for yourself.

Opinions are like as$holes - everyone's got one. But when the reasoning for an opinion is presented, the logic behind it can be tested. Logic doesn't have to be right or wrong - it's just a reasoning process. Use what works for you, and disregard the rest. Sometimes a really mad idea can be genius.

Just my opinion.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search