The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Inward VC500 ? 500 Series Dynamics
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Addict

Inward VC500 ?

Any more user feedback?

How's the action and sonic character?

Thanks
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

I've had a pair for just over a year now. They are really cool comps, but sound more on the clean side with a certain something added. If you are looking for a mojo comp, I wouldn't say the VC500 is it. It's capable of very fast compression/limiting. Sounds great on bass, kick, snare, drum bus, but aways more of a clean thing going on. I've also used it on acoustic and clean guitars, as well as for tracking guitars and vocals. Being a more clean comp it's a natural choice for tracking, but you have to be very careful about overcompression. Those knobs all have a very long and powerful range, and little adjustments with the knob make a big difference. The 250 Hz high pass side chain is very useful for keeping the source big sounding. Knowing that little adjustments make a big difference is instrumental in dialing in the action for me. The drawback is that you have to fine tune and focus while setting, but you have a very powerful compressor that has a big range. I have it so I can link them in my lunchbox and the link action works perfectly. I really liike them personally. Not many people have commented too much about them on this site. I initially did not get along with them, but after continuting to expriment with them I had some "ahhaaaaa" moments and realized they were pretty cool. They are different beast from my other comps so they fill a certain role in my studio. - paul
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Guru

I had a pair for eval for a month along w/ the opto,EQ and mic pre's.
imo didn't bring anything exciting to the party.kinda bland.
in mixing kept pressing bypass or using something else
much preferred my other stuff.
as far as newer vca designs,thought the Shadow Hills and Obsidian smoked it.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Addict

Thanks guys~
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search