The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
latency with different converter sets Digital Converters
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

latency with different converter sets

So I picked up some old RME analog expansion card (runs off the 9652hdsp) to add some outputs for summing. My main converter is a lucid 88192. I ran stereo drums out form the lucid, then an aux send out of the rme card to an external compressor for some parallel processing......both sent to my summing setup....major phase problems....

There must be some latency differences between these two different D/A converters. Being that the RME card was so cheap it doesn't bother so much. However, I'm still planning on a high end 8 channel D/A converter. Now I'm concerned that if I get say an apogee rosetta 800, I'll have phase issues if I do any parallel processing.

Is this a fact of life if using different converter units? Any workaround at all?

tx
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Maniac

I'm afraid it is. I apogee psx-100 and api 2 AD (which has its own converters) and if I use these together I always get latency between the units. I did some research when I first realized this and its about different converters doing the job a bit differently... so the latency is there.

Simo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search