The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Got a little cash now....... Single-Channel Preamps
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Got a little cash now.......

SOLD my KIWI and should be selling my Alesis AI-3,(Still available) soon. SO I've been thinkin, I have 1100, so what do I get.
Here's what I have.......NO MICS though. Happy with my Sputnik, and other OK mics. Figure mic pres will make them sound acceptable.

Mic Pres....Joe Meek VC1, GAP73, ISA220, (8) MR816x's, RME ADI-96
Processors..Avalon 747, Distressor, (2) VLA's,
AD's...PSX100, RMEADI-96, MR816X, AI-3 (2) Panasonic MDA-1 ADAT's.

My wants.....Lunchbox with an API pre or comp, GA COMP54, AD8000SE, Dangerous LT, or just something special...GRNV, Pacifica....which is why I want the lunchbox....wont cost as much for a module. LAst but not least...get lucky and get a Aurora Audio GTQ2 MKIII of course with another 1K or so. I'm just wanting to come out of the studio with quality sounding product for my clients, though they're happy now, I'm thinking it can always be better. Sooo, what would you get?
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproduca View Post
SOLD my KIWI and should be selling my Alesis AI-3,(Still available) soon. SO I've been thinkin, I have 1100, so what do I get.
Here's what I have.......NO MICS though. Happy with my Sputnik, and other OK mics. Figure mic pres will make them sound acceptable.

Mic Pres....Joe Meek VC1, GAP73, ISA220, (8) MR816x's, RME ADI-96
Processors..Avalon 747, Distressor, (2) VLA's,
AD's...PSX100, RMEADI-96, MR816X, AI-3 (2) Panasonic MDA-1 ADAT's.

My wants.....Lunchbox with an API pre or comp, GA COMP54, AD8000SE, Dangerous LT, or just something special...GRNV, Pacifica....which is why I want the lunchbox....wont cost as much for a module. LAst but not least...get lucky and get a Aurora Audio GTQ2 MKIII of course with another 1K or so. I'm just wanting to come out of the studio with quality sounding product for my clients, though they're happy now, I'm thinking it can always be better. Sooo, what would you get?
$1100 will get you close to 6-pack and an API 512c. Bingo.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear
Used lunchbox and start your collection..!
Old 19th December 2010
Vum
Lives for gear

1100 will get you into the SCA ballgame as well - if you like to build things that is.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vum View Post
1100 will get you into the SCA ballgame as well - if you like to build things that is.
Thanks, Been checking those out here. Saw 2 units with 4 installed on eBAY, sold for about 1200 I think. Lunchbox Build of API,GR,Pacs, Burl's..or these? SCA's are copies correct?
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear
Get a blue robbie and maybe a focusrite isa one...two great pres for low prices. Plus two new flavors to play with instead of one.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

What about a Phoenix Audio DRS-2? Theres a sale here, but it's the older version. What the difference vs the newer looking version? I read there's only 1 output transformer, none on the input. I can afford that...So?
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Go with the lunchbox mayne.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrob View Post
Get a blue robbie and maybe a focusrite isa one...two great pres for low prices. Plus two new flavors to play with instead of one.
I was thinking about the ISA one, different from the ISA220 with the Lundahl?? thing. But would sell the 220 first to force me to buy that. LOLheh
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
Go with the lunchbox mayne.
Yep Decided on Lunchbox, but gonna go for a AD8000SE with ADAT AMBUS FIRST. IF I don't get that, then Lunchbox it is. Then it's a matter of what to put in it, that will be fun!!!! What do ya think? Just wanted to upgrade my last bank of ADAT on my DA7. MR816/RME 8 I/O/ALESIS AI-3 and (1) MDA1 ADAT has the the cards right now. Got a FREED up MDA1 for converting the D/A to the other side of the 8 I/O. Just got a thing for A/D flavor over Mic Pre flavor.
First search choice at eBAY is AD Converters APIAD2 or UA2192 are my BIG DREAMS. .

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search