The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools HD 8 to 9 (free upgrade to HD 9) ?
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Nut

Pro Tools HD 8 to 9 (free upgrade to HD 9) ?

Just bought a new HD setup which comes with HD 8, new, sealed in the box. Also has the latest new ilok version 2 which had PT8 and HEAT on it.

I've had a bunch of HD systems before and the registration seemed straightforward. This time the only registration card that it had was an HD 8 (backup license), which I registered.

I was told this PT 8 licenses can be upgraded to PT 9 HD at no cost, but even after calling Avid, they told me to just wait 3-4 days until I get an email saying I can upgrade to PT 9 HD. Others got that email instantly.

Anyone else in this situation? Getting impatient waiting around for potentially nothing to happen.

Last edited by The90049; 21st December 2010 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: speling waz rong
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

I feel your pain.
I did a Hardware Transfer the other day and still haven't heard back that it's been completed. I'll get on to them if a week passes without notification...but they're probably crazy right now dealing with the new version and all the big players doing upgrades/crossgrades.
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

Avid called me based on my post on DUC and resolved the issue. Seems some of the PCIe crossgrade packages had a strange registration card instead of the standard card.

HD9 upgrade emailed instantly as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search