The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bruce Cockburn recording gear vox and guitar
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Addict
Bruce Cockburn recording gear vox and guitar

does anybody know what mics etc., Bruce Cockburn used to record Pacing the Cage and Don't Feel Your Touch???????
what did he sing and record his vocals and acoustic guitars through???

listen to these songs, man.
they are precious masterpieces.
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Maniac

i would be interested in any info as well. particularly early recordings with gene martynec like "high winds white sky" and "salt sun & time". c'mon...any canadians out there?
Old 8th February 2013
Found this thread looking for some info on John Naslen...

Recording gear I don't know - hence my query - John would know! But it looks like he's underappreciated on this forum despite doing some amazing work in Canada in the 80s. If anyone knows anything, please post it!

But I do know that his acoustic guitars of choice are custom built by Linda Manzer. They are astonishingly expensive (like, not even low five-figures). She builds guitars for Pat Metheny as well so she's doing something right though. He's been using those from the late 80s through to the present. Before that he used David Wren acoustic guitars, which I know less about...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search