The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ddrum midi triggers
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

ddrum midi triggers

any comments on these guys?
ddrum Red Shot Trigger Kit | Sweetwater.com

I would be running these into a Roland V-Drum for a live show.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

I use them in the studio time to time to get a trigger track for kick and snare. I like them, I've used them on a full kit and they do very well on toms and snare. I found the kick to work better on the outside kick head.

Worth the cash if you ask me. The only downside really is putting these things on via a lug (Time consuming). And I find that the kick trigger wont work on some kicks so I have a flat lug I keep with the trigger.

Good luck and test the kick trigger with the drum so you dont have a panic attack 1 hour from showtime.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

hmmm... the kick trigger is the most important in this scenario. are you saying it has no response on some kicks? the parts aren't complicated (mostly downbeats), but i need it to work clearly.
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Nut

redshots are crap. go for the ddrum pro acoustic triggers. you're still gonna get some misfires and whatnot, but that's inevitable.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzle View Post
hmmm... the kick trigger is the most important in this scenario. are you saying it has no response on some kicks? the parts aren't complicated (mostly downbeats), but i need it to work clearly.
What I mean is that the trigger itself wont work with some of the recessed lugs out there. Like TAMA SC series.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search