The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC Electronic BMC-2 DAC: In the same league as....? Monitor Controllers
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

TC Electronic BMC-2 DAC: In the same league as....?

Hi, BMC-2 is DAC and Monitor Control. Could you tell me a few DAC with similar sound qualilty, and your opinion about this product.
Old 29th January 2011
Lives for gear

I too am looking for info on this unit...any users?
Old 30th January 2011
I have one of these

I use it to allow me to have my monitors hooked up to my SPDIF outs and can use all 8 of my analog outs for feeding my summing box.
That way I can monitor my summed mixes post conversion back in the DAW and use a VST 2 Bus compressor on the incoming summed audio rather than monitoring off the summing box directly and not be able to use or hear what a VST bus compressor is doing while I mix

Since this is the only monitor controller I have ever used, I have no idea what it compares to. However, the DAC seems pretty transparent to my amateur ears
For me it's utility is worth the reasonable price tag. Pretty much all of the other monitor controllers in this price range that I was able to find had analog inputs only and would have cut 2 channels out of what I could use for summing if I want to listen to my summed tracks back in the DAW. So this one was in a group of ONE that could do what I wanted, at the price I was willing ot pay.
Old 30th January 2011
Lives for gear

I'm currently using one with my Focusrite LS56 interface and M-Audio EX66 monitors. The difference in sound quality between the BMC-2 and the on-board analog outs is astounding. I can hear much more detail and way deeper into a mix. I am achieving much better mix translation and the speed at which I am now able to mix has increased dramatically. There are certainly higher-priced ADCs, but the BMC-2 easily hangs with some of the best I've heard.
I've read that quite a few audiophiles are using them in their high-end systems.
As you can probably tell, I am impressed.
Old 30th January 2011
Lives for gear

TC Electronic BMC-2 DAC: In the same league as....?

Any compares to d box?

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search