The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best 2 Channel PreAmp Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Best 2 Channel PreAmp

Any Recommendations? I have a 1073DPA which is great but I use this mostly for vocals. I have a Tube Demeter VTMP-2A but not quite happy with the smoothness it adds to the analog attacks on the synths,
I am looking for a Pre which I can use mostly for Synths and occassionally vocals.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Chandler TG2.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Any other options out there?
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

2 x Chandler tg channel
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

you need 2 pre's with "vintage" vibe like are TG, pacifica, shadow hills monogama, helios, electrodyne,...
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Nut

My suggestion would be to try out the Pacifica with the pad "IN" on your synths and while you're at it, give it a go on vocals "pad IN as well" into your CL-1B.
You just might smile.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Alexis View Post
My suggestion would be to try out the Pacifica with the pad "IN" on your synths and while you're at it, give it a go on vocals "pad IN as well" into your CL-1B.
You just might smile.
..... CL-1B?
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

Lake People F355.

Only transparancy with great ergonomics.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

How about the SSL X-Rack Mic Pres? How are they like? especially for a transparent signal.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

For me its probably the A Designs Pacifica, but anyone chiming in on this thread with other mic pres is just as correct as I am.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

With that little info, OP, it's tough. I just sold my Chandler TG2 to buy an Aurora GTQ2. I think the TG2 is an amazing pre but it wasn't ideal for what I do - solo, instrumental acoustic and "light dirt" electric guitar. After recording through my Chandler LTD-1, I decided I wanted two channels of Neveish goodness, hence the GTQ2.

If your budget is $2500ish, check it out too.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Don't overlook the DAV BG1 - superb piece of equipment.

D.A.V. electronics - The Broadhurst Gardens No. 1 Mic Amp
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Any thoughts on the SSL-XRack Pres?
or perhaps the A-Designs 500 in comparison to the Pacifica?
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Well this doesn`t really count but I love my two Avalon 737s.

Next up... I`m thinking of the Pacifica.
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1973 View Post
..... CL-1B?
I believe you've mentioned in a previous thread that your main vocal comp is a CL-1B. So yes, on vocals, try the Pacifica (with the Pad In) into your CL-1B. Compare this vox chain to your Neve dpa>CL-1B and see.

For me, the P1's (500 series) didn't quite do what the Pacifica did for me, especially with the 'Pad In'.

Note: If you decide to go with the Pacifica, and you have empty '500' slots in your rig, consider the API 525 comps. They play very nice with the Pacifica.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Hi guys

Anyone use A-Designs Pacifica on other input sources other than vocals/synths? (i.e., guitars/drums etc). I would love to know it's strengths and weaknesses if possible.

Also, any thoughts on the SSL X-Rack's Mic Pres? Shadow Hills 500 series?
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1973 View Post
Hi guys

Anyone use A-Designs Pacifica on other input sources other than vocals/synths? (i.e., guitars/drums etc). I would love to know it's strengths and weaknesses if possible.
I have used in on drums, bass, guitar, mandolin, accordion, brass, strings, organ, piano, organ, jaw harp, bone flute, bagpipes, tin whistles, soccer balls, ukulele, harmonica, Kalimba, harmonium, Appalachian dulcimer, I am sure there is a bunch of other stuff. Pacifica did great on all of them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search