The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
euro folks/cheaper shipping company Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Maniac

euro folks/cheaper shipping company

Hello everyone! i was wondering if any euro slutz here would know anything about shipping company, i imagine some of you already did it.

I have this 23 lbs 12/12/20 inches box that have to be sent from berkeley ca to switerland... (1723 Marly)

i tried ups, fedex and tnt and they all have a estimation of about 300 bucks, it looks kinda expensive to me. any tip? other companies i didn't serached?

thanks!!!!
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

try DHL but whatever you do, don't use GLS. UPS is pretty good, more or less at DHL level, here anyway..

problem is, carriers vary a whole lot from country to country..GLS is pretty ok in Germany but is dismal here in Portugal, UPS and DHL are pretty good, although UPS tends to be cheaper than DHL...

anyway, i'd say go with a big name carrier if you value what you're sending, and make sure you insure it. it may not be cheap, but it'll be a hell of a lot less than if you have to pay for damages, etc.

so yeah, my recommendation in Europe would be: either DHL or UPS.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search