The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
musicians chair
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

musicians chair

Hey guys,

Found this site through finding a similar thread through google.

I am looking for an armless, but comfortable chair for my 'studio.' I sit at the computer a lot, but i also play instruments; so the guitar is one, that many of you play also.

So i know i can have 2 chairs, one for computer and 1 for instrument, but this is annoying and sometimes i don't want to play musical chairs (haha, how sad).

So i want a good ergonomic style / or other good suggestion - armless chair !
...and / or suggestions as to how you resolve this.

Thanks guys
m
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Guru

I prefer to be up a little higher when I'm playing guitar or singing, so I use a drafting chair. These might be a little high for desk work, but it solves the problem of adjusting to two different heights, and the foot rest is useful for guitar.
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

ok thanks,

this looks good if you don't need to play computer, but i think leaning down over an instrument to fiddle with controls would be even worse for my back than a standard table chair (+ pillows), does anyone hace a nice ergonomic armless chair? - know where i can find?
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Go to Staples and look at the executive chairs. Find one that comes unassembled. When it comes time to put on the arm rests, skip that step.

Myself, I keep the armrests on and just lean forward a bit in the chair when I play guitar. It works out fine. I tend to hunch over when I play guitar sitting down.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

I got one of these for the drum kit - but it gets more use by the guitarists
than anyone. It's comfortable and doesn't squeek.
Roc-N-Soc Nitro Drum Throne - Hugger Seat w/ Backrest - eBay (item 150514645385 end time Jan-01-11 07:29:17 PST)
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Your best bet is to go to the largest used office furniture store you can find and try out a bunch of chairs to see what you like.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search