The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where's your Node? Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 17th December 2010
Where's your Node?

at the mixing position? mine's 63hz...

gonna suspend/float a 3/4 inch plywood 4x8 on the ceiling above desk and put 2 inches of rigid fiberglass on either side..

better than trying to do a 4x8 piece of 7 inch centered bowed masonite on a wall in a room my size..other than that, doing sweeps the room is smooth
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

123 hz which is up about 16 db, awesome!
Old 17th December 2010
i'm speaking of the null!
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
gonna suspend/float a 3/4 inch plywood 4x8 on the ceiling above desk and put 2 inches of rigid fiberglass on either side.
It's tough to imagine that will do anything useful, but I'll be interested to see some Before / After waterfalls.

--Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
It's tough to imagine that will do anything useful, but I'll be interested to see some Before / After waterfalls.

--Ethan

nick colleran , my buddy at acoustics first thinks if a heavy enough mass is floated and there is 4 inches of absorbstion it should do the trick although he rcommended off the top of his head to bow a piece of 4x8 masonite 7 inches at center and stuff with fiberglass against a wall first ..when i said i didn't have the room he said to try the floating mass thing

i don't have room for barrel traps

i have 4 6 foot 1/2 rounds and two 4x8 2 inch absorbers on the front wall and a 1 inch 4x 6 currently over the mix position

i used painted ceiling diffusers on the rear to save space..the room is coated in sound channel acoustic fabic and exept for the node ..sounds great

ps is 14.5 x 11.5 ...6 sides and has heavy drapes hiding french doors that are kept cracked which opens up to a 14x 16 room..that's how i can get low bottom out of what appears to be a small room

if it weren't for the ocassional rap song with that 60 area 808..i wouldn't mind..the node in Sigma A room was 80 hz..i'm glad mine is lower..

i alway voiced the room because the kids would come in and try to boost 80 which did nothing but comb filter the adjacent freq
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

Oh sry, just wanted to share!
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
nick colleran , my buddy at acoustics first thinks if a heavy enough mass is floated and there is 4 inches of absorbstion it should do the trick
I can't understand by what principle that would absorb the wave causing the null, but I guess anything is possible. If you do measure Before / After, it's imperative that the microphone been the same place within an inch for both tests. You can verify the need for that by measuring the response in a few nearby places at the mix position before you hang the panel. In a larger room the position may not be so critical, but it's still important. If moving the microphone improves the null depth a few dB you might conclude it was from adding the panel.

--Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
I can't understand by what principle that would absorb the wave causing the null, but I guess anything is possible. If you do measure Before / After, it's imperative that the microphone been the same place within an inch for both tests. You can verify the need for that by measuring the response in a few nearby places at the mix position before you hang the panel. In a larger room the position may not be so critical, but it's still important. If moving the microphone improves the null depth a few dB you might conclude it was from adding the panel.

--Ethan

i'm interested to see too..should only be a coupla hundred bucks to buy materials
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search