The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha announces strategic alliance with Rupert Neve Designs Channel Strip Plugins
Old 17th December 2010
Old 17th December 2010
i can't wait!
Old 17th December 2010
The VCM effects in the Yamaha digital mixers are very good, especially the reverb. I would not say that their compressors or EQ's or better than what Waves or UAD offer though. It is very interesting that they would start working with Rupert. Those who use Nuendo/Cubase I would think would benefit from this collaboration besides newer Yamaha digital mixers. If they are able to nail the Portico EQ and compressors in the future, it would be interesting to say the least.

We can't run away or put our heads in the sand when it comes to new technology. It's going to happen, and it seems Rupert has already accepted it. Therefore he might as well benefit from it.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Neve branded Yamaha plugins? Okay.
Old 17th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
We can't run away or put our heads in the sand when it comes to new technology
i totally agree with you. those who resist it are swimming against the tide and will soon die of exhaustion.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

I heard the previous yamaha VCM effects and they were more than ok. BUT you could only use about 4 or 6 fx at a time. No way to mix a song with them. Hopefully they do full effects integration into channel strips, aux sends, master bus. Could be interesting.
Old 17th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by work2do View Post
I heard the previous yamaha VCM effects and they were more than ok. BUT you could only use about 4 or 6 fx at a time. No way to mix a song with them. Hopefully they do full effects integration into channel strips, aux sends, master bus. Could be interesting.
Yamaha has been milking their digital mixers with new and improved for many years. I imagine their newer digital mixers will have more power as to not limit the amount of effects you would be able to use.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Daaang, if Cubase/Nuendo default channel EQ and dynamics would be modelled after RND hardware, aaaw sheeet...

I know I know I know, not gonna happen, but still...
Old 17th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephonic View Post
Daaang, if Cubase/Nuendo default channel EQ and dynamics would be modelled after RND hardware, aaaw sheeet...
they'd sell a boatload of cubase daw.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephonic View Post
Please God let that be true
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Then Yamaha / Steinberg Neve is Rupert Neve and UAD Neve is AMS Neve. Let's see which one is better.

I'm sure that Yamaha will win unless UAD update their OLD plugins. UAD Neve emu is so old that plugin itself can be called "vintage plugin". Sigh...
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear
Steinberg needs a new CEO
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Great news, I can't wait to install rupert neve vcm into my mixer,
better would be if they made a new mixer with rnd preamps and rnd i/o, with eq compression, and tape simulator of yamaha and rnd, and a rnd stereo field editor, and yamaha reverbs. Does this also mean the return of the fidelice?

This collaboration can only mean for yamaha to go from fairly high end to high end and sit in between the likes of SSL and AMS Neve, but for now we can only guess what those Japanese have in store for future releases, and what market they will cater.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search