The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
control surface for iPad... what are you using? DAW Software
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

control surface for iPad... what are you using?

My dad just got me a nice 64gb 3g iPad as a birthday gift, and it comes in a fantastic time since I need a control surface to hit record/back/fwd/solo mute etc etc from different places (my drums, my mic etc) since I record everything myself.

What apps are you using for this?

plus what other cool music apps do you recommend?
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

I hear Sc7 is good, and also proremote
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

wow, proremote is actually 99 dollars :o
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Maniac

I use DP control cause I have DP7. Downloaded it for free.
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

I use Logic Pro :(
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

No brainer for Logic; get Touch OSC. it controls a lot of different instruments but has a special template just for Logic called Logic Pad (comes with app). I think it's $4.
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

TouchOSC for sure. AC7 was unimpressive, and its successor AC-7 Core isn't much better (and for some reason makes me have to reconfigure my MIDI keyboard...some MIDI issue).

I'd like to try proremote, but goddamnit for that money I'd rather just buy some hardware!
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytpg View Post
plus what other cool music apps do you recommend?
Missed this bit first time.

Depending on what you're into, this is my collection (I like using my iPad to make cool noises)

Bebot - one of the few iPad instruments where you can get a proper expressive vibrato! (classical, side to side style). Long time favourite.

Mugician - Its free (at least I hope it still is) so its a no brainer. Grid set out like a guitar fretboard (i.e. tuned in fourths up each line) and some awesome sounds.

iGendyn - Actually an iPhone app but one that I kept because it makes some horrible noises and I absolutely love it. modAxis is also fun for this.

Droneo/Srutibox - both are iPhone apps again, I love these for creating ambient drones and textures. Not that visually impressive but theres some nice sounds in there.

Thumbjam - because its incredible fun, and the samples are nice! Admittedly the shake-to-vibrato is a LOT easier on the iPhone/iPod Touch - the iPad is simply too heavy! Other than that though, its great fun to play with, especially as you can record and loop a section and noodle over it.

Finally, get Bloom HD and Journey HD for when you're stressed and need to chill.
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Addict

thank you man! anything else?

anybody?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search