The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adam A7X vs. Mackie MR8 ? Studio Monitors
Old 16th December 2010
Here for the gear

Adam A7X vs. Mackie MR8 ?

Hi people,

I am looking forward to buying this monitor the Adam a7x or the Mackie mr8, and i am not sure which one to buy, or eventually the Adam a8x's.
Somebody has listening these monitors or have it? What is good or what is not good by these monitors? How warms the Adam and the Mackie?,
I need a good hard stable monitors because i'll use a lot.
Thanks in advance.
Old 16th December 2010
Here for the gear

anyone?
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Forget about Mackie MR8's, Adam A7x is 3 steps above them. Not to mention A8x!
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomcore View Post
Forget about Mackie MR8's, Adam A7x is 3 steps above them. Not to mention A8x!
what about the warming by the Adam monitors
Old 18th December 2010
+ 1 MR8's are a no no. There is something to be said about a monitor who's 5 inch little brother (MR5) has had better reviews.

ADAM's are great. I hear from buddies that own them they are great but quality control may be an issue.

Have you considered any other brands. Maybe Yamaha hs80m ?
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quality wise Obviously the Adams, But if you want them to work 2 months from now, better get the Mak's. There are better choices than both of these out there, just do some research.
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyjneilson View Post
+ 1 MR8's are a no no. There is something to be said about a monitor who's 5 inch little brother (MR5) has had better reviews.

ADAM's are great. I hear from buddies that own them they are great but quality control may be an issue.

Have you considered any other brands. Maybe Yamaha hs80m ?
Nope, the Yamaha is older thn the Adam monitors, i am into the adam monitors, but i seen the dynaudio bm5a mkII and the bm6amkII but nope, or genelec jbl
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
Quality wise Obviously the Adams, But if you want them to work 2 months from now, better get the Mak's. There are better choices than both of these out there, just do some research.
What you mean if i want them to work 2 months from now?
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Just search the forum for Adam A7X issues.
Old 18th December 2010
Pip
Lives for gear

I'm in the market for new monitors - the issues with Adams is putting me off, I'm having problems with my current monitors, I'm considering Genlecs as an alternative, piss poor show that you can't seem to buy Adams and expect to have no better than 50/50 that they be ok.
Old 18th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
Nope, the Yamaha is older thn the Adam monitors, i am into the adam monitors, but i seen the dynaudio bm5a mkII and the bm6amkII but nope, or genelec jbl
No one said the yamaha's were new man. I suggested them becasue they seem to translate well and are built to last.
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

tell me something about the Adam monitors warming, because I'll use a lot when I take it ,
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
tell me something about the Adam monitors warming, because I'll use a lot when I take it ,
What is this "warming" you keep mentioning? Are you talking about the temp of the amps?

If you want aural "warming" you should consider the Mackies or some of the JBLs 4/6 series. These speakers are capable of a producing a lot of lowend energy which I guess could be considered warm.

While I would very much recommend the ADAMs over the Mackies, about the last attribute I would contribute to the ADAMs is warmth.
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

warming the heating of the monitors when are turned on
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
warming the heating of the monitors when are turned on
Ah. Well, I just went back and checked the temp on the heatfins on my S3As. They're basically room temp. So, no real warmth or heat. They'd probably feel the same if they were off.
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

Okay thanks for the great reply, that was i wanted to know about the heating because i dont want errors and trouble after i buy the monitors because sometimes i dont turn it off. I am looking forward for the Adam A7X or the A8X.
My M-Audio bx8a deluxe is hot warm after few minutes when i turn it on and i will exchange these for the Adam monitors.
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

This was some solid research right here... Where infact Yamaha MSP7's were never mentioned

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search