The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
An open letter apology Single-Channel Preamps
Old 16th December 2010
An open letter apology

Yesterday I created a thread titled "Was the sweetwater guy lying to me?"

I need to clear some things up. I know this is probably a waste of forum space, but I feel awful about the wake I left with that thread. I respect this forum community a lot, and I don't want to have a bad rep.

I NEVER intended for that to sound mean spirited, ungrateful, or like an accusation. A lot of Sweetwater "Hate" comments were attached to my thread, but I don't want that to reflect my topic and question. If you read my full post again, at no point do I suggest I was deceived. The title was simply tongue and cheek. My thread was really asking if the 610 solo and the MA200 might be a good match, or if maybe the SW rep would suggest the 610 because it needs to be sold. I've had a couple sales jobs, I know how that goes. I don't think it's such a bad thing even if I was "lied to."
I was just being simple, and frank. It wasn't supposed to sound "sensationalist" or "controversial."

Sweetwater has shown me the greatest customer service I have ever seen. I'd say it's a 1rst place tie with Col. Littleton.
My sales rep has spent lots of time on the phone with me, for no charge, explaining products and software set up. I'd be lost without SW.
I was just ranting this morning to my gf about how much I love that site, after I got another package with candy at the bottom. My girlfriend has also accused me of having a crush on my sales rep from SW... I brag about having his cell number in my phone all the time.

Sorry to go on and on, but I don't want to be lumped into the catagory of guys who say Sweetwater reps are failed musicians.. That's a terrible thing to say. Working for a music supply company is a very honorably way to stay involved in music, and make a living. If anything, they never gave up their dreams, and stuck with music all the way.

In short, I am sorry. I love sweetwater, honestly, no complaints.

For the record... I didn't go with either pre. I'm gonna try some out first. Leaning toward 610.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

I read that thread you started. At first I was expecting a "hate" thread about some sweetwater sales guy feeding you a bunch of bull to get a sale or something, but after reading your initial post in that thread, I got what you were going for. Too bad that some others didn't. I like their site too! Have yet to buy anything from them, but their site is great!

610 is a sweet piece. I had a 710 for awhile that I adored, but it walked outta my house while I was on vacation.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Never had any problems with Sweetwater bought a bunch of stuff there. Actually more than a bunch. Didn't read your whole thread tho. 1 rep talked me out of getting an 003 cause no improvement for my setup. With apogee converters and external pres anyway.

Had 3 reps and been pretty honest with me. Good advice at times.

Don't see how your thread dissed them... Maybe the title? Might wanna change that.

John
Old 16th December 2010
Yeah I tried to change it, just so it would get less views. the title wasn't supposed to sound insulting. I mean, the original thread is basically kissing their feet.

Same though, SW rep has talked me out of a couple very stupid purchases... he's also talked me into some very smart ones.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search