The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Peavey RAC1 ribbon microphone Dynamic Microphones
Old 16th December 2010
Peavey RAC1 ribbon microphone

Has anyone tried or even seen one of these? I bumped into one at a local store. First thing I noticed on the specs was a 2.5 micron ribbon, which might be thinner than most Chinese ribbons. Priced at $200 could be competition with fatheads etc?
Old 7th December 2012
Here for the gear

i'm also very curious about this mic. couldn't find any reviews or comments anywhere...
Old 11th December 2015
Here for the gear

Three years later... lol. I own this mic in a copper finish. I have used it on vocals for a warm older style sounding vocal. Pretty cool, but not very versatile for all vocals. I do really like this mic paired with an sm57 for guitar. Very specifically it sounded great on a Vox cab with a slightly distorted tone that the musician was using for blues music. I will point out that I have not used a fat head before, so I can't offer you any comparison. Although I do know alot of people who pair the fat head with an sm57 as well.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search