The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
P1000 hafler Modular Synthesizers
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Maniac

P1000 hafler

Hi guys I just bought some NS10s and the p1000 was the amp that came with them, Ive been told it is way underpowered, My question is this amp good enough and if not what can i buy for around the 200 price range? These arent my main monitors.
Old 15th December 2010

Hey Tony,
Yeah if you really want those to jump you'll need more power but..........
if you are using them only at low-moderate levels as a secondary monitor the Hafler should be fine. I don't do much heavy music anymore so I don't really need my monitors to push as much air.
I power mine with a similar (50/50 watt) Bryston and I'm totally happy with the results. I used several amps before (mostly D60) and they did sound pretty bad, but the move to the little Bryston really made a big difference.

That said, I don't listen to the NS10's for hours on end at varying volumes, only for 10-15 minutes at a crack at low volume for mix tweaks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search