The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where to look for used analog consoles Mixers (Analog)
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Where to look for used analog consoles

I keep reading these posts about people getting some $20,000 analog board for $1500. How come I can't find one. Where should I look other than Vintageking.com and ebay. Or....anyone got something???
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

If the shipping costs from Nashville don't scare you off, try www.blevinsaudio.com
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
If the shipping costs from Nashville don't scare you off, try www.blevinsaudio.com
None of the links to Blevins are working right now.
Old 15th December 2010
In general brokers are going to be the most expensive way to go. You have to hunt, look on Gearslutz classifieds, ebay, craigslist. The advantage of brokers is there might be some sort of guarantee and they usually have great shipping.
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Addict

Craigslist....

I got a ghost 32 LE which not exactly hi-end but is no slouch either.. for $450 with a power supply.. It even had the original box....

I was in a divorce sale...Just got hunt these deals down...

Google should be your best friend....
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Try primalgear.com , That's also here in Nashville.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

When I was looking for a Neotek a few years back, I tried a few brokers. MOST of them weren't worth a damn, some didn't even respond to numerous inquiries about boards they had listed on their websites. There was one, though, who gave me a lot of great advice even though he didn't have what I was looking for. He actually knew of the console I had found from a private seller and encouraged me to buy it.

Contact Paul at Odyssey Pro Sound. He's one of the most honest folks I've run across in this business.

Odyssey Pro Sound - New Used and Vintage Pro Audio & Recording Equipment

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Head

Anyone know anywhere in the UK/Europe that's decent for second hand gear? Would really like to get a half decent 16 or 24 channel analog desk for under £1000.
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Thanks you guys!!! If anyone hears of a deal post it here!!!!!!!
Old 18th December 2010
Where to look for used analog consoles

I have a sound workshop I'll let go for $1500 pm if your interested.
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Maniac

details???
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Maniac

bwrecordings.....I just saw the console on old listings. Nice but a little small. I'd like 24 channels at least. Thanks.
Old 18th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by idylldon View Post
When I was looking for a Neotek a few years back, I tried a few brokers. MOST of them weren't worth a damn, some didn't even respond to numerous inquiries about boards they had listed on their websites. There was one, though, who gave me a lot of great advice even though he didn't have what I was looking for. He actually knew of the console I had found from a private seller and encouraged me to buy it.

Contact Paul at Odyssey Pro Sound. He's one of the most honest folks I've run across in this business.

Odyssey Pro Sound - New Used and Vintage Pro Audio & Recording Equipment

Cheers,
--
Don
Paul Savasta is a real good guy, I got my first console from him years ago, and when I got my second console thru gearslutz it was a huge shipping job which Paul totally hooked up for me.thumbsup
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search