The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitor mix with reverb, Saffire 56 Audio Interfaces
Old 15th December 2010
Here for the gear

Monitor mix with reverb, Saffire 56

Hi,

I recently got a Saffire 56 and love the sound of it so far. I know it does not have any onboard DSP, but is there a way I can setup a monitor mix with reverb on the vocals being recorded?

I'm guessing the mic in would have to go into my DAW (SonarX1), have the reverb added, and then monitor the output of the DAW? I'm afraid this will add too much latency to sound good to the talent?

Any tips / other techniques?

Thanks
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Maniac

You can lower the buffer on LS56 to 64 samples, which shouldnt be too noticeable for a singer or a player. But the best way is to buy some external cheap reverb unit. I have Lexicon MX200, around 300$, but you can find alot cheaper ones. Zero latency and you can route it the way you like with Mixcontrol software.
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Monitor mix with reverb, Saffire 56

I just bought a small soundcraft mixer, with fx built in for monitoring in my booth. Works great and only $200
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Mix the input to the wet reverb from your daw and think the small latency on the verb as predelay

Matti
Old 15th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagalj View Post
You can lower the buffer on LS56 to 64 samples, which shouldnt be too noticeable for a singer or a player. But the best way is to buy some external cheap reverb unit. I have Lexicon MX200, around 300$, but you can find alot cheaper ones. Zero latency and you can route it the way you like with Mixcontrol software.

Thanks - will try lowering the sample buffer (just got my saffire up and running yesterday). I do have an old external lexicon reverb unit I could use for some cheap monitoring reverb as well.

BTW - like your Amiga Kickstart image!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search