The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Feeling the NEED Condenser Microphones
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Feeling the NEED

Got an opportunity to get a UA LA610..MINTY. No money, it's the holidays. I have a BLUE KIWI that would be a trade plus $50. I think I should get some money.......LOL. Other mics...Sputnik, CAD Trion 6000, Superlux CM6A. The pres....ISA220 with AD card, Joe Meek VC1, Yamaha MR816X, RME ADI96 via D/A PSX100SE for processing. Accessories...Distressor, 747, (2) Pro VLA's. I only bring those in becasue they are tubed/valved. Would you pull the trigger?
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Maniac

How often do you use the Kiwi? If it's not your go-to mic then yeah trade up. If it is and you're left short-changed in the mic locker hang onto it. The Focusrite isn't a bad pre at all!
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBandit View Post
How often do you use the Kiwi? If it's not your go-to mic then yeah trade up. If it is and you're left short-changed in the mic locker hang onto it. The Focusrite isn't a bad pre at all!
I guess it's just the chance to get a Tubey Pre. Using the 747 or ProVLA just not the same adding to the chain. Forgot I have a Golden Age Pre. Was thinking bout getting the GA Compressor partner and calling it a day, and saving my KIWI. Sputnik is the Go To. Just that a LA610 for $1000 seem to good to let slide. Get the KIWI again later maybe. Thanks for your reply.
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Love the 610. It takes a little getting used to but you are you'll be happy you bought it
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Just when I thought Guitar Center was a fair EMPIRE, the manager tried to screw me and give me 450 for my KIWI with shock mount towards the LA610. Here's the formula....ebay lookup, 60% of that price it last sold for. Forget about List, RETAIL, or anything else. Worst than a used car dealership. I promptly walked out. Employee told me just 3 days ago we had a deal, giving me 850 for the mic, and 10% off of the LA610 and 999. Change of plans today.......GC has now begun paying me back for the $1 a piece sale of DSUB-TRS/XLR cables. I bought 102 of em. They trying to get the money back.......LOL.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search