The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cabinet 2x12 for a Suhr Badger 18?
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Cabinet 2x12 for a Suhr Badger 18?

Hello what 2x12 cabinet you recommend for a Suhr Badger 18 head? Looking for modern pop rock music style.

Have any one have tried Avatar Cabs? Traditional, Vintage or Contemporary?

Thanks!!
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Nobody? At least opinion on the Avatar Cabinet with Greenback+G12H30 Anniversary for modern pop rock. Which model?
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Maniac

bumpelishous
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear
Try the bogner alchemist cab. It has a greenback and g12h 30 anniversary speaker. You can probably find one used on ebay for a pretty decent price.

I like mine with the badger. It's a little bright but will cut thru a mix. I also have a 2x12 closed back cab with 2 vintage 30's. You get alot more low end obviously. I actually like the open back Bogner cab more.

Suhr recommends a closed back cab with a 8 ohm celestion v30. I would really like to try a single v30 closed back cab to see what difference it would make. If at all possible try to demo different cabs before you buy. The 2x12 closed back sounds alot different than the Bogner 2x12 open cab. If you happen to buy a closed back 8 ohm v30 cab let me know how you like it.
Old 15th December 2010
Here for the gear

Stage Craft makes some pretty good custom cabinets... Stage Craft Gear Home Page - not that expensive either. can match your Suhr. For speakers combos with a modern sound, i'd go closed back...and probably V30's or a for a little more tonal variety a greenback/g12h30 combination.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search