The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Edirol UA-4FX vs. Apogee Ensemble Audio Interfaces
Old 15th December 2010
Here for the gear

Edirol UA-4FX vs. Apogee Ensemble

hey, I know this is a question with a clear answer, but I have to ask it anyway. I've been producing for 5 or 6 years, have invested in everything other than an audio interface because I'm working with windows so I wanted to wait until I made the switch to Apple before upgrading to what seem to be the clear cut best audio interface (apogee ensemble). Although I have yet to make the switch to a Mac, I was wondering how much of an improvement it's going to make in terms of quality, specifically for the purposes of mixing and mastering. Thanks!

Edirol UA-4FX
Roland U.S. - UA-4FX: USB Audio/MIDI Interface
Old 3rd February 2011
Here for the gear

Would be interested to hear comments also.
Old 3rd February 2011
Gear Nut

Never used the UA-4FX, but I did upgrade to a Ensemble from a Firepod a couple years ago and there was a definitely a noticeable improvement. The pres are better and you will probably hear a difference with the improved AD/DA. Everything seamed much clearer through the Ensemble. Great unit that I bet will be a nice improvement over what you have now. Although the person using the gear makes the biggest difference.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search