The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Pro 9 now? -> Logic Pro 10 DAW Software
Old 16th December 2010
Life is too short for arguing with this kind of guy over Logic's abilities. The work people do with it for a living speaks for itself.

Let him believe what he chooses to believe, Slipperman answered him well.
Old 16th December 2010
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
The work people do with it for a living speaks for itself
Yeah, I dont think Logic is the problem either
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Life is too short for arguing with this kind of guy over Logic's abilities. The work people do with it for a living speaks for itself.

WOW, but if we're talking about Apogee, Mytek, versus another Converter...there's love all over the place. Yes, I believe what I believe. It just shows what folks are really about here. It's been proven that there's no love for RME, why because it's German. Is that a Jewish thing? Distressor vs a Tube Tech, we can go on and on.

I thought people here were openminded.....but it's about cliques. If slipperman says something...it's cool with the world? Raj....you're dikhed and all the other stuff. Life's is short, for short minded people and who's slipperman?!! I raised this topic to get feedback, to find out if it's a factor and get some files up for people to truly choose what they like. You would do it for GEAR, why not DAW......

I had to visit Guitar Center yesterday to do a deal for a LA-610 trade for my KIWI. One day we have a deal, the next I don't. Anyway, a MOTHER comes in and says "MY son told me to come and get PT8". We told her that PT9 is the newest, but she can get PT8 if she purchases an interface...M Box or the like. I told her (because I wasn't a salesman, she gravitated to me), she could then crossgrade later to 9 for a better price and still have an interface. She said "'My son is 13, and this is what he told me to get".........NUFF SAID!! Even a 13yr old knows. And Logic BLOWS!!!heh
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

BTW asher, what and who's "this type of guy" I live in Philly, ask anyone for Raj...there's only ONE here..IN PHILADELPHIA. When you come through tell me what that means. I'll be here.
Old 16th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by theproduca View Post
BTW asher, what and who's "this type of guy" I live in Philly, ask anyone for Raj...there's only ONE here..IN PHILADELPHIA. When you come through tell me what that means. I'll be here.
"This type of guy" means someone who will argue incessantly making sonic claims that are by definition subjective with no empirical facts to back them up.

My experience tells me that you will be determined to have the last word. So I am suggesting to others they simply let you have it.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
"This type of guy" means someone who will argue incessantly making sonic claims that are by definition subjective with no empirical facts to back them up.

My experience tells me that you will be determined to have the last word. So I am suggesting to others they simply let you have it.
Cool, YOUR Suggestion will stop all of this? OK. Then I WIN!!!!!!
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Addict

Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

LOLOLOL!!!! I like that. Man I had a ball with this. Really and Truly, I could care less. I help my buds with Logic, DP and the like. My girl was sitting next to me while I was doing the replies, she an EXEC at an utility, no knowledge of this stuff, and she had a few chuckles. I like music, I like sluttin for gear. She'll never understand, And though I got some folk riled up here, I'm a comedian as well. You may have seen me in commercials, maybe not. But all in all I like music. Been playing guitar and instruments since 13 and I'm 49 now. (I know I'm opening myself up to some stuff now).

Gearslutz is my favorite place to hang out. And believe it or not, I learned some stuff messing around with you cats...personally and musically. You have a passion and I like that. STILL, music is a creative process whether you're using 2 cassette decks to record or a SSL. I reiterate, let's make/produce gooood music, legacy music for our children, they would be proud of....Logic, Protools whatever!!! I would really like to learn Reason!!!! I'l Boobtuube that later. 1
Old 17th December 2010
Harmless Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproduca View Post
I thought people here were openminded.....but it's about cliques. If slipperman says something...it's cool with the world? Raj....you're dikhed and all the other stuff. Life's is short, for short minded people and who's slipperman?!!
Why ya picking on ME?

I thought it was a nice harmless stylee post. Shoot me.

LMFBO.

Anyhoo.

Traditionally in "The West" the mantle of responsibility for "proving" anything derogatorily claimed in a public forum would fall on the shoulders of the claimants/detractors. In this way, YOU would usually be the person posting the files to prove your contentions. THEN the other folks who were interested in the subject would presumably be expected to do their own tests to discover both the potential veracity of your claims, and it's attendant impact on your credibility.

Just a thought.

Personally, I DON'T HAVE any questions on the subject. This stuff was literally the FIRST THING I investigated when PT 9 was released as it was my first EASY opportunity to set up an "apples to apples" comparison of the 2 software platforms in the long history of their co-existence without sub-programs or "bridges".

For what matters to ME: That is, Summing 48 DA outs to LFAC. No difference. Output is identical in every conceivable respect if you set up the song documents properly. Once again: Been there, done that. Literally in the first week of PT9 release.

Internal bouncing differences? I dunno. I'm modestly interested in the outcome but, somebody else(you perhaps as you seem to actually USE the function at critical junctures?) can test that.

Best regards, and my apologies in advance if anybody agrees with anything in my post. HOHOHO.

SM.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search