The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase 5 Loading Problem
Old 12th December 2010
Gear Head

Cubase 5 Loading Problem

Hi everyone,

I had tried using Cubase 5 in Windows XP once, and I had this weird problem. Every time I tried opening it, it wouldn't go past the loading screen. It just shows like loading different VSTs all the time, but I could leave it there 2 hourst straight and still show it's loading. It never opens.

I didn't give it much thought then, because I was considering to buy a new PC and use Win 7. Well, I did. And guess what. The same problem again. Anyone knows anything about that?
Old 12th December 2010
Gear Addict

Is it a legit version of Cubase? If not that can be a problem. If it is legit then it sounds like you have a plug that is creating a problem. Try putting all non Cubase plugs into another folder so Cubase isn't looking for it and then see if she starts.
Old 12th December 2010
Gear Head

Hi again, thanks for the quick answer. Yes, it is legit, and after some research I found out about what seems to cause the problem. Posting link:

Cubase.net .:::. View topic - Cubase 5 crash during startup [SOLVED]

And explaining real quick so you don't have to do the reading. For some reason, Cubase plugins search was set to a very generic location, like C:\ or something. That way, it would go on searching every bit of the hard drive for hours. I tweaked the registry value mentioned in the post above, setting the VST folder to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 5\VSTPlugins and the problem just dissapeared. From what I understood while searching, this is a very common problem so keep it in mind anyone who might come upon it.
Old 12th December 2010
Gear Addict

Way to go! And thanks for following up.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search