The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cutting Edge Music-Video Channels in the US
Old 19th January 2006
Gear Maniac

Cutting Edge Music-Video Channels in the US

I miss all the European music-video channels (German VIVA, French MCM etc).
Even European MTV is way more inspiring.

How do you people see all the new stuff in the US (Alternative, Electronica, World)?
Cable? Satellite? Digital Cable? What?
Old 22nd January 2006
Gear Nut

I usually tape and burn my favorite videos on a DVD before departing to the States. American mtv and vh1 are unbearable.
Old 23rd January 2006
Gear Maniac

MTV2 and Fuse are both ok, I too much prefer the Europe Music Video channels.
Old 23rd January 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by A101
I miss all the European music-video channels (German VIVA, French MCM etc).
Even European MTV is way more inspiring.

How do you people see all the new stuff in the US (Alternative, Electronica, World)?
Cable? Satellite? Digital Cable? What?
Just allow yourself to acclimate to good music instead of all that electronica crap. It'll take time but it's worth it.
Old 23rd January 2006
Kidding of course. Every place has it's own sound and if Electronica/world was moving enough units here then it would get it's own channel... Unfortunately [fortunately] it's not.
Old 23rd January 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul David
Just allow yourself to acclimate to good music instead of all that electronica crap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul David
...if Electronica/world was moving enough units here then it would get it's own channel... Unfortunately [fortunately ] it's not.
You already made an ignorant comment with the first post and didn’t have to prove your ignorance with a second one.
Old 24th January 2006
Gear Maniac

thumbsup Lumin!
I’m talking about an overall Music-Video channel that plays all different varieties rather than 1 or 2 genres day in day out.
Thanx Robert, I’ll definitely check out Fuse and MTV2
Old 24th January 2006
Old 24th January 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumin
You already made an ignorant comment with the first post and didn’t have to prove your ignorance with a second one.
I didn't mean to offend... Sorry.
Old 24th January 2006
Gear Maniac

Here in Canada we got much music, much more music, and a few others. But I really can't watch them anymore. They Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkk. here and there much more music has cool things, but other than that there isn't anything on music TV to watch. All these f***ing reality shows and all this new crap that isn't even music related. I understand that nowadays they have to be very versatile because of how the music industry has evolved, but still. I really don't like them anymore. I've been listening to internet radio lately. Has anyone checked pandora.com ?

Bruce

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search