The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Auditronics series 800 info? Sequencers (HW)
Old 10th December 2010
Gear Head

Auditronics series 800 price?

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to figure out what would be a good/fair selling price for this board...

auditronics series 800, has 2 dual input mic preamps and 10 stereo line preamps, there's no eq in any of the modules except for the master module which has just a "Low" and "High" eq. There are vca's on all channels, (dbx 2150a on the mic pre's and dual dbx 2151 on the line inputs).
It doesn't have a patchbay but all the channels have cables with open leads and I have the schematics for the connections, (seems like they cut them all when they removed it for it's original location which was a local radio station).
Comes with a tape transport module, (rec, play stop, ffw, rw,)

I know that the old auditronics are nice consoles but I can't find a single thing about this particular model, any info or tips would be much appreciated.
I'll post pictures as soon as possible.
Thank you all for your time.

note: pics. 3,4,5 are the mic preamps
6,7,8 are the line preamps
Attached Thumbnails
Auditronics series 800 info?-img_2434.jpg   Auditronics series 800 info?-img_2446.jpg   Auditronics series 800 info?-img_2448.jpg   Auditronics series 800 info?-img_2449.jpg   Auditronics series 800 info?-img_2450.jpg  

Auditronics series 800 info?-img_2452.jpg   Auditronics series 800 info?-img_2454.jpg   Auditronics series 800 info?-img_2455.jpg  

Last edited by pampa; 12th December 2010 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: uploaded pictures
Old 12th December 2010
Gear Head

why are my posts not being answered?

Hello again,
I'm just wondering if somebody can help me out, i posted a couple of times but i never seem to get an answer, i've seen people posting similar questions and getting answers right away and i'm not even getting a response.
is there some kind of code of conduct that i'm missing?, am i'm being snubbed for being new or something like that?
i would really appreciate if somebody could point me on the right direction, i am new to the forums and i've been trying to follow the rules but i don't seem to get any results.
best regards and have a good day.
thanks for your time
Old 12th December 2010
Lives for gear
Not a problem with how you posed the question and you're not being snubbed, it's just Auditronics doesn't get a lot of love, and what does seem to interest people are the earlier consoles. What I've heard (and have no direct knowledge, my Grandson consoles haven't yet turned a wheel) is that the summing is the weakest part of the consoles (somewhat noisy) but the channel strip/preamps are nice.
Old 12th December 2010
Lives for gear

Maybe there are not too many people on here familiar with that model. I know the 110 and 501 strips are loved by those that have them, but the 800 may be one that is a mystery to most. Sorry I can't help...but I hope someone else on here can heh
Old 12th December 2010
Lives for gear

Just another thought. Have a look inside at the channel strips and see if they have any little green squares with an eye in a pyramid logo and Valley People Trans-amp written on them. If it does, they are good............I love those preamps and record heaps of stuff with them.
Some of the Auditronics stuff used them I believe.
Old 12th December 2010
Gear Head

thanks for posting!, unfortunately there are no trans amp's, (i wish!).
just posted some pictures, maybe somebody can tell me something by looking at the channel strips?...
Old 12th December 2010
Lives for gear

Ok. It looks quite nice. I would say you should try it out and see how it sounds. Maybe you could drop some other modules with EQ and more mic preamps into the spaces. But I guess you would need to find schematics and the like to know what's what. Good luck with finding more info. I will watch this post as it's got me interested now.
Old 13th December 2010
Gear Head

i posted it for sale...
Old 7th March 2012
Here for the gear
I would be curious in the differences between this and other Auditronics models myself.

I'm currently looking for this board but don't have any experience with the other Auditronics stuff and would be interested what the similarities/differences are between the lines or 'series'.

Anyone have any info?
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

For recording studio work you want to look for the grandson 110 or 501 or 700 models..The 110 and 501 have inductor eq and transformer in and out giving a nice mojo big warm sound. I have two 110 consoles and have used my 24 ch for many years now.I have owned a 501 pre/eq module which is the 4 band eq version and the 110 being the 3 band eq,both inductor and both transformer in and out.These for the most part use the 5534 opamp chip on the inputs and the output section.I never noticed the output as being that noisy like someone here had said but the output 5534 amps can be switched to api 2520 type opamps if you take some other parts off and then you can use any 2520 style you like.I have some Purple Audio opamps in mine.If you do a search on here you'll see my post with pictures of them.

The 700 uses the transamp opamp blocks and is not inductor eq but is still a nice recording console.I knew a guy that had one in his studio and I recorded some cello tracks for him and even helped recap his console.

What you have in the 800 is a radio console with pretty much no eq and perhaps no transformers at all? There wouldn't be much reason to use it in a recording studio setting if your looking to warm up tracks or add mojo or eq to your tracks and I'm not sure if you have much in the way of bussing?

The 110 and 501 have very sweet warm inductor eq that works well for mixing back through.I wouldnt mix without mine. The 110 and 501 are some of the best kept secret consoles out there for the money,I was just lucky to
discover them many years ago. I see so many people part these out and sell the pre/eq modules and it's a shame because they can make for a nice recording console for little money even in spite of the limited efx sends and buss options.. My 110 24 ch console being 8 buss and the 16 ch's consoles being 4 buss.They are built like tanks from the 70's and if a module goes down during a session I can pop another module in while the board is still running..

Hope this helps!!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search