The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools 9 - any example/demo sessions w/ just a few tracks?
Old 4th December 2010
Lives for gear

Pro Tools 9 - any example/demo sessions w/ just a few tracks?

Newbie alert...

I'm a guitarist and I record solo, instrumental guitar using 1 or 2 mics. I'm trying to learn mixing basics now. I've been a Cubase 5 guy but I recently bought PT9 and want to learn it as well.

Does anyone know of any example/sample/demo/learning sessions or mixes available for download that only have a few tracks? The books/sites/sample mixes I've seen (in demos) are so massive that they are intimidating. I need to see how to work with one or two tracks, not 24 or 16.

And FYI: I'm also finding it difficult to put into words what I'm looking for lol. "Sample session", "Demo session", "Demo mix" - those are tough to search for b/c both "sample" and "demo" have other meanings in the music industry (making it harder to find example sessions). I'm really looking for a session with audio files I can download and open in PT9 so that I can see what someone else did. So please - if I'm using the wrong terms, please don't hesitate to let me know!
Old 4th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Whigham View Post
Newbie alert...

I'm a guitarist and I record solo, instrumental guitar using 1 or 2 mics. I'm trying to learn mixing basics now. I've been a Cubase 5 guy but I recently bought PT9 and want to learn it as well.

Does anyone know of any example/sample/demo/learning sessions or mixes available for download that only have a few tracks? The books/sites/sample mixes I've seen (in demos) are so massive that they are intimidating. I need to see how to work with one or two tracks, not 24 or 16.

And FYI: I'm also finding it difficult to put into words what I'm looking for lol. "Sample session", "Demo session", "Demo mix" - those are tough to search for b/c both "sample" and "demo" have other meanings in the music industry (making it harder to find example sessions). I'm really looking for a session with audio files I can download and open in PT9 so that I can see what someone else did. So please - if I'm using the wrong terms, please don't hesitate to let me know!
Funny I'm a Cubase guy and picked up PT 9 yesterday and thought about asking the same thing. I haven't checked yet but are there demo projects on the DVD's?
Old 4th December 2010
Lives for gear

This is a bit of shameless self promotion, but on each of these DVD's there are sessions for PT. Tony Shepperd Master Series II : R&B
Old 4th December 2010
Lives for gear

Awesome I'll go have a look. Nothing wrong with a bit of promo - I don't think I would've heard about it otherwise!

I also clicked your link about the 500 HR too as I'm all lusty at the moment. Self promo is good when it's contextual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd View Post
This is a bit of shameless self promotion, but on each of these DVD's there are sessions for PT. Tony Shepperd Master Series II : R&B

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search