The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone use SAW STUDIO !
Old 6th March 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
What difference does it make what daw you use
Here we go again Many people who use SAW extensively would disagree with your assumption. SAW is distinct from its counterparts with regard to its internal math processing and summing bus. These dissimilarities alone lend credence to a better sounding DAW. Additionally, to me SAW's EQ and FX stand out above the rest. I've had substantial experience with many DAWs, including Logic, Nuendo, Sonar and SAMP. I always endeavor to be objective in everything, but despite my best efforts I could never get my mixes to sound as good in those DAWs as they do in SAWStudio. While previously I had to rely on many plugins from Waves, Sonalksis, Timeworks, URS, etc., with SAW there's hardly a need. Additionally, nowadays I avoid every plugin that does not feature 64-bit internal processing. Otherwise, one looses the value of SAW's pristine signal path.

With regard to its UI, SAW reminds me of Photoshop, in that it is dissimilar to everything else. Personally, I find SAW's graphics distasteful by modern standards, including all of the third-party shades I've seen. However, the graphics do not negate the UI's incredible efficiency and flexibility.

Incidentally, I am working on a shade of my own that will pale any DAW UI ever designed
Old 6th March 2011
^^ Care to share the Shade?

SAW engine totally bypasses the OS.

You can start Windows without loading the explorer and just putting SAW on the automatic start
list. No windows .DDLs loaded whatsoever. That's why it is another league.
Old 6th March 2011
Lives for gear
Sound comparison

I am not actively promoting SawStudio. Because I started with it, I use it. Though I did try a couple of other daws where the sound was vastly inferior: one was a sony product and the other was samplitude.
Old 6th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by i604 View Post
^^ Care to share the Shade?

SAW engine totally bypasses the OS.

You can start Windows without loading the explorer and just putting SAW on the automatic start
list. No windows .DDLs loaded whatsoever. That's why it is another league.
No software can bypass the OS (ignoring software such as recovery tools and OS installers which can boot straight from a CD or other medium) Bypassing the Explorer interface is NOT bypassing the OS!
Old 6th March 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Care to share the Shade?
Sorry, the shade I mentioned is still a work in progress. I also have a few others that I'll release afterwards. However, all my designs will be available for a small fee. That's because of my experience as a graphic artist, the enormous amount of effort involved in creating them, and the fact that the shades will be astounding and unique. And if I never sell a single one I'll still enjoy them every time I edit and mix

Cheers
Old 7th March 2011
EarlG, if you're releasing a clean, slutty and modern shade, I'm interested!
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocolour v2 View Post
No software can bypass the OS (ignoring software such as recovery tools and OS installers which can boot straight from a CD or other medium) Bypassing the Explorer interface is NOT bypassing the OS!
SAW does not bypass the OS, any application uses and is supported by the OS. SAW is largely written in assembler and has no hooks into the Windows registry and works around as much as possible what Windows happens to be doing to improve performance. You can run SAWStudio off a thumb drive without first intalling it on a given machine for instance. The SAW Full download I think is less than 4 MB.

I'm very happy with SAWStudio.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search