The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your Favorite AD/DA Converter Audio Interfaces
Old 30th November 2010
Gear Maniac

Your Favorite AD/DA Converter

With the release of protools 9 I am considering selling the digi002 and getting another converter. I am currently using an Apogee Rosetta 800, which sounds good, but am curious on to what else is on the market so I can get more channels and not have to ever resort to the 002. What do you guys like?
Old 30th November 2010
Lives for gear

It has only just come out but the Universal Audio 4-710d looks pretty slutty
YouTube - 4-710d Four-Channel Tone-Blending Mic Preamp w/ Dynamics
Old 30th November 2010
Gear Maniac

8 channels of Metric Halo is very nice..a little pricey, but worth it...the apogee x stuff is really good , but that's 16 channels. Lynx is alright...but your rosetta should be just fine...it's good stuff
Old 30th November 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiadoo View Post
He is talkiing about converters ...No?

Mytek is a very good converter too.
I have the Apogee rosetta 800 and the Mytek AD and like them both.
Ask the experts at Gearslutz , they will get you the details.
Good luck
The UA unit has 8 channels of A/D included. I don't think anyone's tried it yet but yes, it does look slutty.
Old 30th November 2010
Lives for gear

This topic must have a hundred existing threads.

- c
Old 30th November 2010
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
This topic must have a hundred existing threads.

- c
I think you're thinking of preamps, oh wait mics, oh wait monitors, oh wait software...oh wait!

War
Old 30th November 2010
Lives for gear

I'm interested too. Not sure if I want to ditch the 002R altogether or get a different A/D/A to go with it. The Rosetta 800 is not in production anymore, what is a good substitute?

What do people think in regards?
PS: I'm also on an iMac so no cards for me (right?)
Old 1st December 2010
Lives for gear

Keep in mind that a converter is not the same as an interface. Some converters are only converters and cannot be used as interfaces. Some have interfaces built in, and some allow optional cards to be installed that turn them into interfaces.

I mention this because you talked about replacing your 002, which is both an interface and converter.
Old 1st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Keep in mind that a converter is not the same as an interface. Some converters are only converters and cannot be used as interfaces. Some have interfaces built in, and some allow optional cards to be installed that turn them into interfaces.

I mention this because you talked about replacing your 002, which is both an interface and converter.
The Aurora16 can interface on its own. While I use mine through an interface that has 16ch of adat I/O, a friend of mine bought the FW card and goes direct into his computer from the Aurora.
Old 1st December 2010
Lives for gear

Yes, I'm aware about the Lynx. I was just pointing this out to the OP because somebody mentioned the 4-710 which has conversion, but is not an interface. And there are a few others like that, such as the Mytek ADC96, etc.
Old 1st December 2010
Lives for gear
Your Favorite AD/DA Converter

Lavry.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search