The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Yamaha pm 700
Old 17th November 2010
Here for the gear

Yamaha pm 700

greetings all _ i have 3 questions regarding the yamaha pm 700 mixer _

# 1 _ the master op amp (990oc) for monitor 2 mix (pre fader) has been removed from the board, does anyone know where to track down a suitable replacement?

# 2 _ is it possible to mod monitor 1 on channel strip (post fader) to pre fader?

# 3 _ does anybody know a suitable replacement for a vu meter light bulb?

any input would be greatly appreciated _ thank you

cdk
Old 20th May 2012
Gear Maniac

Wish I could answer all that. I also own a PM 700 and I think it's a very cool little console! I've already swapped the SIL ICs on a couple of channels for some LME9990s on Brown Dog adapters. It cleaned up the channels very nicely adding high end and taking away noise. My plans are to chip more channels, but not all, want to keep a few of the channels stock because they sound good that way to my ears. Then I plan on putting John Hardy 990Cs or Seventh Circle SE25s in the Program outs. The only other mod I really want is similar to what you were asking about. I want to make the Monitor 2 pre fader send a direct out instead and keep basically everything else stock. I ill probably look into upgrading or replacing the power supply at some point as well. I'm out there asking and looking for help but nothing yet. Good luck if you're still working on your. I think these consoles are great and worth modding.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search