Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
just scored a pair of DBX 163A - best use for them?
Old 9th November 2010
Lives for gear

So I just scored a pair of mint 163As with rack kit for stupid cheap on ebay. They look perfectly brand new and the price was excellent so I bought them.

Now, I see a lot of people like them for bass, kick and snare...but i do not see anything about them being used in stereo linked mode. I am running a dangerous D-box and run drum, bass, vocal and inst/effects busses into it. (4 stereo busses.) Where would this shine best? It all wraps up into an SSL G bus on the sum output. Since a lot of people use it on bass I am thinking the bass bus? (I run a stereo bass bus because i do electronic music which often has stereo bass sounds like vintage chours effects. stereo widening and such.)

I like to have my outboard as "set and forget" always doing one function because i do not want to have a bunch of setting OTB that I have to I was thinking of just using these on the bass bus and just making a note of the GR on each project in Cubase for easy recall.

So bass bus or drum bus?
Old 9th November 2010
Gear maniac

I use mine on drum rooms and never really matched them. I just watch the meters on my console and listen. They're funky little boxes.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search