The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Guitar neck replacement
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear

Guitar neck replacement

I have a Fender Strat I put together from different parts I had and installed a Clapton active electronic kit in it. It sounds great except that the neck I had laying around is slightly twisted and I can't get the action the way I like.

I was thinking aout ordering a Warmoth replacement neck, but I've been seeing a lot of complaints about warmoth as of lately. Lots of people unhappy with the fit, frets, finish, etc.

Are thez really that bad? Can anyone suggest other companies that make Fender replacement necks that fit well?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear
Mighty Mite are not bad
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear

USACG all the way!

After switching over from Warmoth, due to tonal dogs and EXTREMELY unlevel frets, I could never go back - USACG is run by Warmoth's old manager and the fret shop is run by the that used to run Fender's Custom Shop fretworks...

P.S. Mighty Mite & All Parts don't do it for me either tutt
Old 31st October 2010
Here for the gear

Maybe if you can get hold of a 70`s early 80`s Fernandes neck.
Some of the best Strat necks ever made.
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear

Allparts makes Fender authorized replacement necks. You'll need to have the frets dressed and a nut cut, but they're usually around $150 dollars or so.

Good luck!
Old 31st October 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Ladd View Post
USACG all the way!
+1. Costs a little more, but worth it!
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear

Check out www.stewmac.com. I have never been disappointed with anything those guys sell.
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear

Btw, each neck has a signature sound, and the good ones are rare. So, if you put function first, i.e finger comfort, make sure you listen to the effect of the new neck before making a commitment.

Btw, one of my best sounding electrics had a warped neck, and was considered unrepairable by a luthier friend, but somehow he got it working and I'm so glad he was able to.
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear

Yeah, when I lived in KS I used to have this tech do some of the work on my guitars, he was amazing. I wish I could just let him have it for a few days as I'm sure he could do something. But unfortunately I'm no longer there

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernier View Post
Btw, each neck has a signature sound, and the good ones are rare. So, if you put function first, i.e finger comfort, make sure you listen to the effect of the new neck before making a commitment.

Btw, one of my best sounding electrics had a warped neck, and was considered unrepairable by a luthier friend, but somehow he got it working and I'm so glad he was able to.
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear

I bought a strat neck from musikraft.com which I totally love...
Old 30th April 2016
Here for the gear

I will have to second Musikraft necks. I just got one and I love it. I have had good success with Warmoth as well, but I like the Musikraft neck just a little better.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search